Peanut Butter Bread is soft, moist quick bread loaded with creamy peanut butter. A big slice of this easy bread with a glass of milk makes a perfect after-school snack for the kids, especially toasted with some jelly on top!
Can you believe it took me this long to bake bread with peanut butter?
At last, Peanut Butter Bread is part of my life. And it’s not going anywhere.
SAVE THIS EASY PEANUT BUTTER BREAD RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Peanut Butter is delicious spread ON bread. So why wouldn’t it be just as delicious baked INSIDE? This one-bowl quick bread recipe is easy to make and produces an ultra moist loaf brimming sweet, nutty peanut flavor.
Peanut Butter Bread incredible on its own, but you can spread it with jam, honey or softened butter for even more deliciousness! The rich flavor makes it ideal for pairing with a hot cup of coffee or cold glass of milk.
What do I need?
I used these ingredients to make the peanut butter loaf.
- Peanut butter
- Kosher salt
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Buttermilk – Buttermilk substitute works too!
- Turbinado sugar – Also called “sugar in the raw. This is sprinkled on top to give the bread a sweet coating with a slight crunch.
Can I use crunchy peanut butter?
I only tested this recipe with smooth peanut butter. Chunky peanut butter will work just fine if you’d like to have some crunchy nut pieces in your bread!
Can this quick bread be frozen?
Yes. You can freeze the sliced or unsliced bread and re-warm it in the microwave or toast slices in the air fryer or toaster oven. Keep in mind, your sugar sprinkled on top may dissolve as it thaws and the bread won’t have that nice crunch from the coarse sugar.
Can dogs eat peanut butter bread?
Dogs should not eat peanut butter bread. Many peanut butters contain xylitol which can be fatal for dogs to consume. This recipe also contains more sugar than is ideal for your dog to consume.
Instead, bake up a batch of these Chicken and Cheese Dog Treats for your pup to enjoy while you eat this bread! Or find a dog safe peanut butter and make these Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dog Biscuits to spoil your furry companion.
Tips & Tricks
- Serving suggestions: We especially love the way this peanut butter bread tastes when it’s warm! After the bread cools, microwave slices for 15 – 20 seconds before serving.
- Turbinado Sugar Substitutions: You can use any sugar with coarse crystals, like sparkling sugar, for the topping instead.
- Peanut Butter Substitutions: Feel free to try this recipe with other nut butters like cashew butter, or almond butter. I can’t vouch for the results but let me know how the bread comes out if you do swap out the nut butter.
- Buttermilk Substitutions: Make your own buttermilk by mixing 1 cup of regular milk with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice.
- Storing: Store this bread tightly wrapped at room temperature. Or freeze for longer storage!
Peanut Butter Recipes
You may have figured out by now that I have a tiny (okay maybe more than tiny) obsession with peanut butter. From Fluffernutter Sandwiches to Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls, I love this nut butter in all its forms!
If you share my devotion to peanut butter, you’ll love these other easy recipes with peanut butter too:
- Peanut Butter Cucumber Sandwich – Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!
- Peanut Butter Brownies – Peanut butter blondies with a fudgy brownie consistency.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars – A no-bake favorite.
- Peanut Butter S’Mores Cookies – Tastes just like the campfire treat!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Casserole – Perfect for a weekend brunch.
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies – Ready in just 13 minutes!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Lava Cake – Chocolate cake with a creamy peanut butter center.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cake – Another chocolate and PB pairing my family loves.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or new to making bread, we have plenty of foolproof recipes to help you achieve homemade bread success!
Looking for more bread recipes with peanut butter? This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread should be next on your list.
Fill your kitchen with the irresistible aroma of freshly baked bread with our most popular bread recipes!
- English Muffin Bread
- Blueberry Lemon Bread Recipe
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Grandma’s Easy Homemade Italian Bread
- Pepperoni Bread
- Easy Parmesan Bread Bites
- Quinoa Banana Bread
- Nutella Swirl Banana Bundt Bread
Peanut Butter meets quick bread in this out-of-this-world easy recipe! Moist and sweet, this peanutty loaf might just become your new favorite bread.
Peanut Butter Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour measured using the scoop and sweep method – see Note.
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg beaten
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- Prepare a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan by spraying it with cooking spray, lining it with parchment and then spraying it again.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, peanut butter, egg, and melted butter. Stir everything together with a stiff spatula or wooden spoon until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and let sit for 15 minutes. While batter is resting, preheat oven to 350° F.
- Sprinkle the turbinado sugar evenly on top of the batter, and then bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing with a serrated knife.