Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos Recipe, and when I say loaded, I mean just that! This super easy weeknight dinner recipe or game day appetizer is definitely one you’ll be making again and again. You can never go wrong with crisp tortilla chips, shredded BBQ chicken, tomatoes, red onion, corn, black beans, jalapeño and lots of cheese. It might just become your favorite easy dinner!
Sometimes dinner recipes don’t get any better than this.
These easy chicken nachos are the quick answer when you get asked that all-important question, “what’s for dinner?” or when you just need easy dinner ideas.
Time is of the essence.
But you also want something that’s healthy that you know they’re going to eat.
Enter shredded chicken nachos!
SAVE THIS CHICKEN NACHO RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
How do I cook the chicken for these sheet pan chicken nachos?
You can cook the chicken you use in a variety of ways and use whichever is easiest for you!
- I like to grill about 6 chicken breasts once a week on my George Foreman Grill.
That way, I’ve got all the pre-cooked chicken I need for an easy lunch, dinner, or just nibbling on when I need some protein.
If I don’t plan to use it, I’ll pop it into the freezer when I do!
- On your way home from work and pressed for time, quickly head to the store and pick up everything you need last minute including a rotisserie chicken.
I LOVE the versatility and ease of using a rotisserie chicken.
Not to mention the delicious flavor!
Poaching is the process of cooking the chicken by boiling it in a small amount of water or chicken broth.
It’s super easy and doesn’t require a lot of hands on attention.
Slow Cooker Chicken
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY
365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
Have you made our recipes?
We’d LOVE to see them!
Tag @365DaysofBaking and use #365daysofbakingandmore
so I can see them and possibly share!
How do you make chicken nachos? I’ll give you some tips!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
I know some people use the broiler, but I like to use the oven to bake them because that warms the whole sheet and everything on it, and doesn’t just melt the cheese or heat up the top layer.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with a sheet of aluminum foil.
This will allow for easy clean up.
- Layer, layers, layers!!
Instead of dumping the whole bag of tortilla chips onto the baking sheet, I put about ⅔ of the bag down to start. Then I’ll add about ⅔ of all the ingredients, saving the rest to layer over the top. Doing it this way, I’ve found that there’s better distribution of everything and I’m more likely to have FAR less chips with nothing on them. Because face it, there’s nothing more disappointing than reaching for a delicious looking nacho chip only to pull it and find there’s not much on it. SUCH a bummer!
- Choose your favorite tortilla chips.
You don’t want to use chips that are super thin because they won’t hold up with all the deliciousness when you go to take a bite – it could all end up on your lap.
- Use your favorite BBQ or hot sauce to mix with the shredded chicken.
- Add fresh corn or make it easy by thawing a cup of frozen corn.
- Drain a rinse a can of black beans to add more flavor and make the nachos heartier!
They add some great flavor, too.
- You can use green onion or red. Personally, I prefer the flavor and color of the red.
- Cheese, cheese, cheese!
I love using the combination of shredded Mexican cheeses because of the flavor and it melts easily.
Feel free to use just cheddar, a Colby/Jack combination, or a Taco cheese mixture.
You can also shred the cheese yourself from a block.
- Jalapeño – use as much or as little as you and the people you’re feeding it to desire.
I don’t like a lot of spice on my foods…ok, hardly any spice on my food, so I’ll generally go easy. I’ll serve about half of the diced jalapeño on the side so that others can spice it up to their heart’s content.
And one of the best thing about this Easy Loaded Nachos Recipe is that you can decrease or increase any of the listed ingredients to your liking.
Also, you can make these completely your own by omitting or adding your own favorite ingredients, too!
One of my favorite times to serve these is while we’re watching the football games.
Football and finger food go hand in hand, don’t they?
Whether it’s pepperoni bread, stuffed mushrooms, guacamole, or pretzel bites, you can bet we’ll be eating some kind of food that’s finger-lickin’ good!
I love to serve these Chicken Enchilada Bitesand if I’m not serving a crowd, I’ll make a salad with the leftover chicken or roll the meet up into some tortillas and serve it that way.
Chicken isn’t just popular when served on nachos.
It’s great in dips as well!
For the Buffalo lovers, this slow cooker Buffalo chicken dip or Buffalo chicken cheese ball are recipes they’re sure to enjoy.
You can make this chicken taco dip, too!
Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- 2 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken about 2 chicken breasts
- ¾ cup your favorite BBQ sauce I often use Sweet Baby Ray's
- 13 oz favorite tortilla chips
- 2 tomatoes diced small
- 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced small can add more to your liking
- 2 ½ cups shredded Mexican Style cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F and prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shredded chicken with the barbecue sauce. Mix to coat chicken completely.
- Place 2/3 of the tortilla chips onto the prepared sheet, spreading to the edges.
- Spread 2/3 of the BBQ chicken evenly over tortilla chips. Follow with ⅔ each of the tomatoes, black beans, corn, red onion, and jalapeño.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheese over the entire baking sheet.
- Place the rest of the chips on top and layer with the remaining ingredients, topping it with the cheese and jalapeños.
- Bake for 7 - 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
What a yummy and quick dinner.
Everyone loves them and there are barely any leftovers which is good because leftover nachos become soggy and quite chewy.
I used to rate everything I baked on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and this Chicken Nachos recipe earned 4 rolling pins!!
This easy chicken recipe is a keeper, that’s for sure!
This post, recipe, and pictures have been updated and improved as of 1/31/21.
I changed the ingredients, added more of them, and improved the recipe.
I think the family was pleased when I served them because after one bite, I heard Mr. 365 exclaim, “this is the best chicken nachos recipe EVER!” #micdrop 😂