Baked Spaghetti – spaghetti mixed with a meat sauce, topped with shredded mozzarella and baked in the oven.
I wanted to do a face plant into this stuff tonight, I was that hungry.
Hence the reason for the up close and personal picture.
Not much to say tonight, so let’s get right to why we’re here, shall we?
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8 X 8-inch baking dish by spraying it generously with cooking spray.
- Cook spaghetti to al dente based on the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Put the diced pepper, chopped onion and minced garlic into the skillet and saute until pepper softens and onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce, cooking until warm.
- Place spaghetti into a large bowl.
- Stir in the meat sauce and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
I rate everything I bake on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and this Baked Spaghetti earned 3 rolling pins.
The family really liked it and as I said, I just wanted to dive right into it because I was so hungry.
I kept snitching pieces of spaghetti before I mixed it with the sauce.
It was an easy and relatively quick dinner.
This is something I’l definitely be making again.
It’s a good change from our regular spaghetti dinner.