These Peanut Butter Brownies are heaven for peanut butter lovers. Just the right combination of chewy and fudgey like the best brownie should be, but packed with creamy peanut butter instead of chocolate. A delicious twist on an old favorite!
Are these peanut butter blondies or peanut butter brownies?
Whatever you call them, they’re pretty darn irresistible.
SAVE THIS EASY BROWNIES RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Brownies are typically made with chocolate as the primary flavor. On the other hand, blondies have a vanilla flavored batter with mix-ins like chocolate and nuts. These Peanut Butter Brownies are a little bit of both.
There’s no chocolate in these brownies. Just plenty of creamy peanut butter, peanuts for a bit of crunch, and lots of sweet and salty flavor! If there’s anyone in your household who’s obsessed with peanut butter, a tray of these blondies with peanut butter is just what they need.
And for the chocolate fanatics, there’s always these Hot Chocolate Brownies!
What do I need?
Here’s what you need to make this recipe for peanut butter brownies.
- Peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Chopped peanuts
We recommend using regular shelf stable peanut butter in this recipe. The natural varieties of peanut butter have oils that separate and tend to result in greasy crumbly peanut butter blondies.
How to make brownies with just peanut butter
Making brownies with peanut butter instead of chocolate is as easy as making traditional brownies.
- Beat butter with peanut butter until well combined.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, then fold in chopped peanuts.
- Spread the batter into a greased square baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
When the peanut butter brownies are done, the tops will appear dry and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean with just a few moist crumbs.
These peanut butter blondies are delicious just as they are but also perfect for adding your favorite mix-ins. Try tossing a handful of chocolate chips or peanut butter chips (or both!) into the batter before baking.
Don’t want any chunks of peanut in your brownies? Feel free to leave them out. One of my family members doesn’t care for them, so I usually skip the chopped peanuts when I make this brownies recipe.
Peanut Butter Recipes
Almost all of us loved peanut butter as kids. And some of us never stopped craving it, whether it’s in the form of a nostalgic Fluffernutter Sandwich or a sweet dessert.
If you like today’s peanut butter dessert, you’ll love these easy Peanut Butter Cookies. They’re ready in minutes with only three ingredients!
Give these other tasty peanut butter recipes a try next time the craving strikes.
- Peanut Butter Cucumber Sandwich
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- Peanut Butter Upside-Down Banana Cake
- Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls
- Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Casserole
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
Dessert Bar Recipes
We love desserts you can cut into bars and eat with your hands!
Check out all of these ideas for easy, decadent dessert bars to find the perfect treat for your next special occasion or potluck.
- Toffee Coconut Oatmeal Bars
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Dream Bars
- Easy No Bake Turtle Dream Bars
- Chocolate Crumble Cheesecake Bars
- M&M Valentine Blondies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- Snickerdoodle Bars
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Easy Lemon Bars
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dream Bars
Peanut Butter Brownies without the chocolate, but with all the flavor of peanuts and peanut butter!
Peanut Butter Brownies
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°, and prepare a n 8 x 8-inch baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar, and mix well.
- Add the eggs, and mix until light and fluffy.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- With a silicone spatula, stir in the peanuts until mixed throughout, and spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the top appears set and golden, and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
This post was originally published in February, 2011. It has been updated in format and with pictures on 3/29/22.