M&M Valentine Blondies – tasty and simple blondies will sweeten up your sweet on February 14!
Another sweet treat for your Valentine’s Day enjoyment…
I find that because I’m posting three days a week now that I’m running out of things to talk to you about. haha
I think I need to get out more, so I have more of a life. 😉
SAVE THIS BLONDIE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
And I can’t stop thinking about those pancakes I made the other day that was so unbelievably delicious! I certainly wouldn’t mind someone in particular serving these to me for breakfast in bed! I think It’s more likely to happen on my birthday or Mother’s Day than it is on Valentine’s Day though.
But pigs could fly and Hell could freeze over, right?
I found the recipe for these blondies here at Simply Recipes and added the M&M’s.
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY 365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of Valentine M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8X8 pan by buttering it and lightly dusting with flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter and brown sugar together.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Add the M&M's and mix.
- Place batter into the pan and spread evenly
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack and cool before serving.
I rate everything I make on a scale of 1 – 4 and these M&M Valentine Blondies earned 3 rolling pins. I think I would have liked them more if they had some walnuts in them – I think something was missing. And no, it wasn’t any of the ingredients. haha, All of those were included as directed.
They’ll be a great treat to make with the kids because they’re super easy and you might just have to share a few of those Valentine M&M’s in the process. 😉