Baked Stuffed Shells – pasta shells stuffed with a combination of ricotta, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, topped with a meat sauce and more mozzarella.
Stuffed pasta shells will never get old.
I baked this today, but can’t finish the post tonight because I can’t keep my eyes open. Will finish it up tomorrow.
Ok, maybe I wouldn’t eat them everyday because there really isn’t much I’d eat every day.
Except maybe ice cream.
I don’t even know if I could eat that.
~ FOLLOW ME ~
- 20 jumbo pasta shells 6 ounces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 24 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- Prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Pour the olive oil into a skillet and warm over medium heat.
- Sautée the garlic and onion until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until brown.
- Pour in the pasta sauce and simmer on low until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg. Add the ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Mix well.
- Place 1/3 of the meat sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Fill each shell with the filling and place into the baking dish.
- Pour remaining meat sauce over the shells and cover the pan with tin foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella over the shells. Return to oven to bake for another 5 - 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I rate everything I bake on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and these Baked Stuffed Pasta Shells earned 4 rolling pins!
They are SO yummy, easy to make and can be made in under an hour for a delicious dinner.
I don’t know why I don’t make these more often.
It’d be a great meatless dinner, too if you omit the ground beef and just top them with a plain pasta sauce.
Thanks for joining us during this 365 Days of Baking!!
Keep checking in EVERY DAY because there will be a new recipe and post!!
I give you BIG baking hugs and muffins!!