Shake up your dinner routine with Lasagna Pasta Skewers! A delightful dinner recipe made with cheese-filled noodles rolled up and served on skewers. It’s a fun twist on a classic baked lasagna, and they can also be served as an appetizer.
Lasagna. On a stick. It’s pure genius.
SAVE THIS EASY PASTA SKEWERS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
My Mom’s Homemade Lasagna Recipe is perfect. You can’t mess with perfection. . . but you CAN put it on a stick. If you’ve never eaten pasta skewers before, you’re not alone.
I only recently learned about the trend of serving pasta shish kebab style. At first I was skeptical. Now that I’ve tried it, I’m hooked!|
These easy Lasagna Skewers turns pasta into a finger food! They make a perfect party food or appetizer to pass around the table.
They’ll even be a great item to include on a weekend picnic with some potato salad and grilled corn.
This meal will be a welcomed change from your standard weeknight dinner recipes when served with a simple lettuce salad.
Kids love eating cheesy lasagna noodles filled with their favorite Italian flavors right off the skewer. Adults love the combination of tangy ricotta, and creamy mozzarella in every bite.
Just like everyone needs a go-to easy lasagna recipe, everyone NEEDS to try pasta skewers at least once. Trust me!
What do I need?
The ingredients for this Lasagna Skewers recipe are so simple.
- Lasagna noodles
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- Meat sauce – I recommend this homemade tomato sauce made with ground beef!
You’ll also need some sturdy wooden skewers. Mine were 5½ inches long but you can use any length!
How do I make Lasagna Skewers?
Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions in a large pot. Meanwhile combine ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, egg and basil in a large bowl. Want to add a bit of a kick? Add some red pepper flakes to your liking.
Lay the cooked noodles out on a cutting board. Spread about 1-1 ½ tablespoons of the ricotta mixture over the noodle. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the meat sauce on top.
Roll up the lasagna noodle. Then repeat the process with the remaining noodles.
Place three prepared lasagna noodles onto a wooden skewer with the seam facing forward. You want to skewer to go through the seams so the noodles stay in place.
Place the lasagna skewers on a greased baking sheet. Spread more of the meat sauce over the top of the lasagna skewers and sprinkle with a little more grated mozzarella cheese.
Bake pasta skewers for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the noodles are slightly crispy on the edges.
Sprinkle more fresh grated parmesan and fresh chopped basil leaves over the lasagna skewers just before serving.
How do I store leftovers?
Store leftover lasagna skewers in an airtight bag with a zip top for up to three days. Reheat the leftover lasagna in the microwave before enjoying.
Can I freeze lasagna on skewers?
You can prepare and freeze these lasagna skewers before baking. Wrap them tightly in foil or plastic wrap, then store in freezer bags. They stay good in the freezer for up to 6 months!
To bake frozen lasagna skewers from frozen, preheat your oven to 350 F. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the noodles are warmed through.
Homemade lasagna is the best. No doubt about it in my mind. Layer after layer of gooey cheese, flavorful pasta sauce with meat and noodles. What’s not to love?
I’ve already mentioned my favorite-ever recipe for lasagna. It’s the one my mom made and the one I’ve passed down to my kids. These Lasagna Rolls with Meat Sauce are another version of the baked pasta dish the whole family loves.
Pasta Appetizers & Pasta Recipes
Keep your cupboard stocked with pasta and you’re never more than a few steps away from an easy homemade meal or appetizer!
Game day or any day, people love this Baked Ravioli with marinara sauce for dipping.
The whole family loves this One Pot Sausage Linguine. The Italian sausage in it gives it some great flavor, and I love it because there’s little clean up because it’s all made in one large skillet.
This Pepperoni Pizza Pasta is an instant hit with every kid (and grown-up!) who tries it. Love ordering Chicken Parmesan when you go out to eat? Try my Chicken Parmesan Spinach Pasta Bake. Just as delicious, but easier to make than the stove top version. Chicken Mozzarella Pasta is another combination of chicken, cheese and pasta that gets rave reviews every time I serve it.
Pin and save all of these tasty pasta recipes to make meal planning a breeze!
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Caprese Pasta
- Ranch BLT Pasta Salad
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad
- Kid-Friendly Macaroni and Cheese
- Baked Spaghetti
- Buffalo Chicken Spinach Alfredo
- Sausage Alfredo Rigatoni
- Easy BBQ Pork Mac & Cheese
- Baked Stuffed Jumbo Shells
These Lasagna Skewers are a fresh take on a classic favorite with a ton of flavor in each bite. They may appear to be the supporting players when served with other appetizers, but they’ll quickly emerge as a frontrunner!
Lasagna Pasta Skewers
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles about 18 noodles
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 cup meat sauce homemade or store bought
- 6 wooden skewers
- Preheat the oven to 425℉ and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl add the ricotta cheese, egg, ½ cup mozzarella, the parmesan cheese and the fresh basil. Mix until fully combined.
- With the lasagna noodles laid flat on a cutting board, spread about 1-1 ½ Tbsp of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodle. Drizzle about 1 Tbsp of the meat sauce over the ricotta. Roll up the lasagna noodle. Repeat with the remaining noodles. Place 3 prepared lasagna noodles onto a wooden skewer with the seam facing forward. (the goal is to have the skewer go through the seams to hold them in place)
- Place the lasagna skewers on the prepared baking sheet. Spread more of the meat sauce over the top of the lasagna skewers and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the noodles are slightly crispy on the edges.
- Sprinkle more parmesan and fresh basil, enjoy!
Keep an eye out for my latest recipes!