Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad – campanelle pasta, diced chicken, fresh tomatoes and diced mozzarella tossed in an easy pesto. Serve it as a main dish or on the side without the chicken.
Today I got nothing.
Nothing to say. This is unusual for a person who likes the ramble on when she’s writing her posts. I’ve just got nothing to say, really.
I could talk about summer and how I can’t believe it’s almost over. We could discuss the Olympics as I did on Monday, tell you how very much we’re STILL enjoying them and again how I’ll be bummed when they’re over.
I could talk about the monsoons we’ve had here in AZ, but you can go here to read about our haboobs. Weird word, I know. The recipe that goes with it is pretty darn delicious, so you might want to try that as well!
SAVE THIS SALAD RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
But do you really want to hear me ramble on about all that when all you really want is access to this delicious Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad recipe?
Thought so. 😉 Don’t worry, I won’t take it personally. There will be plenty of other posts in the future for me to chat.
Take a look at these other delicious pasta salads from my fellow bloggers…
1. Caprese Pasta Salad from Pip and Ebby
2. BLT Pasta Salad from Life in the Lofthouse
3. Dill Pickle Pasta Salad from Spend with Pennies
4. Loaded Pasta Salad from The Midnight Baker
5. Classic Italian Pasta Salad from I Wash…You Dry
I did get out of the house today to go have lunch with my son, so that’s today’s big news. haha, We went to Babbo here in Phoenix, a delicious Italian restaurant. If you’re ever in Phoenix, check them out. They have multiple locations all over the valley.
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
I found this pesto recipe from Michelle at Brown Eyed Baker that I’ve used in this recipe.
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup Romano cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 16- ounce package campanelle pasta or your favorite
- 3 cups seasoned and cooked chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 10.5- ounce package red tomatoes
- 1 10.5 ounce package yellow tomatoes
- 2 8- ounce balls fresh mozzarella or pearl mozzarella cut into 1-inch pieces
- Additional fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to manufacturer's directions.
- Combine the basil, walnuts, and garlic in a food processor or blender and pulse 5-7 times.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while the machine is still running.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender or processor and add the cheese. Mix a few more time by pulsing to completely blend.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, tomatoes, and mozzarella.
- Pour the pesto over the bowl contents and toss gently to completely coat.
- Serve with additional fresh basil, if desired.