3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are not your typical peanut butter cookie because they’re made with only three ingredients and are ready in just thirteen minutes! They’re the perfect thing to make when you need something sweet to eat or have little ones wanting a quick snack.
These Peanut Butter Cookies are the cookie of choice for Mr. 365.
Until I started baking goodies on a regular basis I was buying Nutter Butters quite often.
And I admit that I sometimes still do.
But they’re becoming so expensive!
And forget when it was Girl Scout Cookie time – those Do-Si-Do’s were gone in less than an hour when paired with a glass of milk!
And no one else ever had a taste of them unless we were the first one to get to the box!
SAVE THESE 3 INGREDIENT COOKIES TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
This has got to be the easiest cookie recipe I’ve ever made. And I found at my good friend, Mary’s wonderful blog, Barefeet In The Kitchen.
You can see it right here.
As I said, these are SO easy to make with just three ingredients!
It takes literally ONE minute to mix the ingredients together, roll them out and flatten, then 12 minutes to bake them.
What three ingredients do I need?
- peanut butter
- granulated sugar
Yup, that’s all you need!
How do you make peanut butter cookies using only three ingredients?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and place a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, egg, and granulated sugar.
- Roll into 18-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten each ball with the back of a fork making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cook on baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Are these Peanut Butter Cookies Hard or Soft?
This peanut butter cookie recipe makes cookies that are soft when first removed from the oven.
They will stay soft for a few hours, but will harden over time.
How can I soften hard cookies?
To keep these cookies (or any cookies) soft, store them in a tightly sealed container with the end piece of a loaf of bread.
The cookies will absorb the moisture from the bread and voila!
It’s like magic, I tell ya.
I do this to keep my brown sugar soft, too!
What can I use for a sugar substitute?
I made these 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies using stevia and natural peanut butter in the same amounts, and they turned out great though a bit crumbly and not as soft.
Readers have also told me they’ve used monk fruit extract and that works as well.
3 Ingredient Desserts
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Sauce – perfect on blintzes, pancakes, ice cream
- 3-Ingredient Dump Cake
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Oat Squares
- Blueberry Cobbler,
- S’Mores Sugar Cookie Pie
- No Bake Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY
365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
Easy Peanut Butter Desserts
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter S’Mores Cookies
- Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls Recipe
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies Recipe – NO Corn Syrup
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
The 13 minute, 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment or with a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, peanut butter and egg together until well incorporated.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Using the back of a fork, make a criss-cross pattern on each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack.
I used to rate everything I baked on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and these 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies earned 3 1/2 rolling pins!
They were by far the easiest cookie evah! 😉 Three ingredients and ready in no time. It doesn’t get any better than this when the troops are begging for some cookies!
This post has been updated with pictures and in format on 7/6/21.
It was originally published on 4/12/14.