This Cherry and Dark Chocolate Galette with pre-made pie crust, frozen cherries, and dark chocolate will wow family and friends. Gourmet dinners, sides and desserts don’t have to be tedious and complicated thanks to Meseidy Rivera’s cookbook, Weeknight Gourmet Dinners! Impress family and friends with easy and delicious recipes without slaving all day in the kitchen.
Do you love cookbooks?
*This post contains an affiliate link(s).
I sure do!
AND of course, I love them even more when I know the author personally.
Weeknight Gourmet Dinners is no exception.
Meseidy Rivera of the blog, The Noshery, has an extensive food background with a culinary degree and years of experience in the food industry.
Pssst…she’s even worked with THE Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond!
SAVE THIS EASY CHERRY AND DARK CHOCOLATE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
As a native of Puerto Rico, she decided to start her blog after she and her husband, Obed (also from Puerto Rico) missed the food while living here in the United States.
On her blog, you’ll find all sorts of incredible recipes that aim to create THE perfect bite.
While many are authentically Puerto Rican, you’ll also find so much more.
Meseidy’s cookbook contains a great variety of recipes all with the intent on upping your gourmet game with ease, simplicity and plenty of fantastic flavor.
This cookbook is one that NEEDS to be in every kitchen!
You’ll create incredible dishes in your Instant Pot, like her Instant Pot Risotto à la Carbonara.
Or make the Perfect Herb and Butter New York Strip Steak stove top in a cast iron pan.
Plus, there’s a fabulous array of sides and desserts to complete your meal.
You can buy Meseidy’s cookbook here on Amazon.
We all know that chocolate and cherries go so very well together and Meseidy NAILED it when she created this gorgeous galette.
The flavors are incredible.
The crunchy crust with the soft chocolate cherry filling is top notch.
It’s beyond easy to make, especially since you’re using a store bought pie crust, but yet it will look like you spent hours making it.
Cherry Galette Ingredients
- frozen dark cherries
- granulated sugar
- corn syrup
- almond extract
- dark chocolate chips (I accidentally bought dark chocolate chunks which worked)
- dough for 1 single piecrust
- heavy cream or half-and-half
- light brown sugar
How to Make This Easy Galette Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cherries, sugar and cornstarch. Stir.
Add the corn syrup, almond extract, and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll the pie crust out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
Place the cherry mixture into the center.
Spread the cherry mixture, leaving a margin around the crust.
Fold the edges of the crust over the cherry mixture.
- Brush the edges of the crust with the cream then sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Galette
- Blueberry Ginger Galette
- Apple Ginger Galette
- Blueberry Peach Galette
- Cinnamon Pear Galette
Cherry and Dark Chocolate Galette
- parchment paper
- 12 oz frozen dark cherries halved
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 refrigerated piecrust
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the cherries, sugar and cornstarch. Stir the cherries until evenly coated. Add the corn syrup, almond extract, and chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Carefully roll out the pie crust on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spoon the cherry mixture into the center of the piecrust. Spread out the cherry mixture, leaving a 2-inch (5-cm) bare margin around the crust. Bring the edges of the crust over the fruit, folding it over the cherry mixture.
- Brush the crust with the cream and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the galette cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram and make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more recipes.
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies – Ready in Just 13 Minutes!
- Easy No Bake Turtle Dream Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies Recipe – NO Corn Syrup
- The EASIEST Apple Cream Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter S’Mores Cookies
- Easy Lemon Bars
- No Bake Raspberry Cream Dream Bars
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites as well as ShareASale.
These are links that can take you to a product (or products) that I recommend. I do receive a portion of the sales or credit for my future purchases from any items purchased through those links. Your purchases encourage my baking, cooking and butter habit, and contribute to the life of this blog. I thank you so very much for your support. Let’s keep having fun in the kitchen!!
Comments & Reviews
Hello Lynne. I read your blog with a lot of interest. It gives me a lot of ideas with respect to baking. Keep posting.
Rakhi, thank you so much, your comment means a lot. I definitely plan on doing that!