No-Bake Blueberry Pie – Make this perfect blueberry pie without turning on the oven! Full of fresh (or frozen!) blueberries and a sweet mixture to hold it together, this easy pie recipe can be made with or without a store bought crust. It will be an amazing dessert topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on a hot summer day when you don’t want to turn the oven on!
Blueberry Pie is one of my favorite desserts.
In my imagination, heaven is a slice of warm blueberry pie topped with vanilla ice cream.
I love the taste of the cold ice cream with the burst of juicy berries.
SAVE THIS NO-BAKE BLUEBERRY PIE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
When we were living in New Hampshire, we lived about 10 minutes away from Mr. 365’s aunt and uncle.
His aunt and I would often talk about cooking, baking, and our mutual love of pie.
Specifically blueberry pie.
She convinced me that I hadn’t tasted blueberry pie until I tried an unbaked version.
I was intrigued.A blueberry pie that you didn’t have to put into the oven?
I just had to try it for myself.
It was love at first bite.
This no-bake blueberry pie is next level.
The crispy graham cracker crust is the perfect compliment to the juicy, soft blueberry filling.
It took every ounce of self control not to eat slice after slice of this pie.
Thankfully, the other members of my household were more than happy to help polish it off.
I’ve made dozens of unbaked blueberry pies since that first “taste test” and I’ll never get sick of it.
Whenever I bring it to a potluck or gathering, everyone comes back for seconds (or thirds) until it’s gone.
We love it topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or my stabilized whipped cream.
But of course, it’s delicious served all on its own.
All the great taste of traditional blueberry pie, without needing to turn on the oven.
Pretty awesome, hunh?
It’s perfect for summer when you don’t want your house to feel like the surface of the sun, or anytime you’re craving a sweet blueberry dessert.
Best of all? It’s one of the easiest blueberry pies you can make!
What do I need to make an unbaked blueberry pie?
- All purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Graham cracker pie crust
How do I make a No Bake Blueberry Pie?
To make this pie recipe, you cook the blueberry filling on the stovetop. Then, let the pie “set up” by allowing it to sit for several hours.
Here’s what you’ll do.
- Whisk together the flour and water. Place it in a sauce pan along with one cup of the blueberries.
- Stir in sugar and salt. Cook over high heat until you see bubbles.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until the blueberry filling thickens.
- Take the pan off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes before folding in the rest of the berries.
- Spread the filling into the graham cracker pie crust. Let it rest at room temperature up to overnight before cutting.
Top with a dollop of vanilla bean whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
It’s pure, delicious, blueberry pie paradise.
Tip: After the unbaked blueberry pie is sliced, you can enjoy it right away or store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Can I make this recipe with a homemade pie crust?
You sure can! Use your favorite homemade pie crust recipe and bake for 10 – 15 minutes before adding the filling. The store bought graham cracker crust makes it a true no bake pie recipe and you can’t beat the convenience.
I’ve made this with homemade graham cracker crust and traditional homemade pie crust as well.
I love it each and every way!
Can I use frozen blueberries for no bake blueberry pie?
Yes, frozen berries work in this recipe too. If using frozen berries, add all of them to the saucepan before cooking, instead of just 1 cup.
Here’s a LIVE Facebook video where I made this No Bake Blueberry Pie for my viewers.
It was a lot of fun, so be sure to check my 365 Days of Baking and More Facebook page for when I’ll be doing more live recipes!
- Easy Blueberry Crumb Cake
- Skillet Blueberry Crisp
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Ginger Galette
- Blueberry Lemon Bread Recipe
- Blueberry Cherry Mini Crumb Pies
No Bake Desserts
- No Bake Nutella Snickers Pie
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- No-Bake Rice Krispies Granola Bars
- Easy No Bake Turtle Dream Bars
- No Bake Raspberry Cream Dream Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter S’Mores Cookies
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY 365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
WEEKLY NEWSLETTER BELOW!
Blueberry pie, no bake time required!
No-Bake Blueberry Pie
- small bowl
- medium saucepan
- rubber spatula
- 5 cups fresh blueberries divided
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Vanilla Bean or Stabilized Whipped Cream for serving
- Place 1 cup of the blueberries into a medium saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk the water and flour together and add to the saucepan.
- Mix in the sugar and the salt.
- Begin cooking on high until bubbles begin to appear and then reduce heat to medium, stirring often until berries darken and mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the rest of the blueberries into the saucepan. Mix until well combined.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes before pouring into the pie crust.
- Spread evenly and let the pie set a couple hours at room temperature before cutting.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
- If making your own pie crust, bake for 10-15 minutes and cool completely before filling.
Craving more easy pie recipes?
- The EASIEST Apple Cream Pie
- Oreo Pie
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Easy Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Easy Key Lime Pie
This post was originally published July 25, 2015. It has been updated in format and with pictures July 14, 2021.