Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars – delicious bars with a graham cracker crust, a subtle lemony cheesecake layer, covered with spiced blueberries and a lemon zest streusel topping.
It’s really difficult to post daily when all the computers in the house are being used.
I really need to get one of my own.
let’s get to the recipe, so I can get back into the kitchen today.
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice I used half of a lemon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces blueberries divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare an 8 X 8-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the crust: graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter, mixing well with a fork.
- Place crust mixture into prepared baking dish, pressing down gently with your fingers.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until soft and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, egg lemon juice and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Pour over crust, spreading evenly.
- Rinse the blueberries.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the blueberry layer: brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mix well.
- Add 6 ounces of the blueberries to the dry ingredients and toss to coat.
- Distribute evenly over the cheesecake layer in the baking dish.
- Place the remaining blueberries evenly over the cheesecake layer.
- In another medium bowl, combine ingredients for streusel topping: brown sugar, flour, oats, cardamom, and melted butter. Mix will until a coarse meal is formed. Sprinkle evenly over blueberry layer.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until streusel is golden.
- Transfer baking dish to a wire rack to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for an hour or more to set.
I rate everything I bake on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and these Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars earned 3 1/2 rolling pins. I really liked the combination of the blueberries and lemon. These bars were sweet, but not overly sweet and had the perfect balance of flavors.
I think you’ll enjoy them, too!
If you like these, you’ll LOVE…