These NO BAKE Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars are crushed peanut butter sandwich cookies, topped with chocolate pudding, a fluffy layer of cream cheese and peanut butter, and finished off with Cool Whip or my extremely popular Stabilized Whipped Cream recipe!
Previously a BAKED recipe, you can now just pop the cookie crust into the freezer for an easy and super delicious NO BAKE Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar dessert.
Welcome to what is THE most popular recipe here at 365 Days of Baking and More!
It’s a marriage made in heaven. Some things were just meant to go together, like Abbott & Costello, spaghetti & meatballs, Kim & Kanye (ok, maybe not that one).
Chocolate and peanut butter.
Just the thought of those two incredible flavors makes me swoon!
SAVE THESE CHOCOLATE DREAM BARS TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
I don’t care what you call this easy dessert – a layered no bake dessert, lasagna dessert, lush dessert,
I just call it freakin’ delicious as do the thousands of other people who have made this Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bar recipe go viral on social media.
What do I need to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Lush?
- Nutter Butter Cookies or peanut butter sandwich cookies
- cream cheese
- confectioners’ sugar
- creamy peanut butter
- instant chocolate pudding
- Cool Whip OR my Stabilized Whipped Cream
- milk chocolate and peanut butter chips
How do I make a no bake dessert lasagna?
- Crush some of the cookies in a blender or food processor. Melt the butter in a medium microwavable bowl, and add the cookie crumbs. Mix well, then press into the baking dish. Put into the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the pudding and 1 ½ cups of milk called for in the recipe, NOT the 2 cups as called for on the box. We want the pudding to be a bit more firm so it can be sliced through. Refrigerate until set or ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and peanut butter. With a rubber spatula, add one cup of the Cool Whip or Stabilized Whipped Cream and mix together. Put dollops of the cheesecake mixture on the crust and spread.
- Gently spread the pudding on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Cover the pan with the remaining Cool Whip or stabilized whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours to set.
- Before serving, crush the remaining peanut butter cookies in a plastic bag with a mallet or rolling pin and sprinkle. Top the milk chocolate and peanut butter chips.
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY 365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
It’s a NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BAR DESSERT!!
NOW, instead of baking the peanut butter cookie crust, this can also be an easy NO BAKE dessert!
Put the cookies into the blender or food processor as directed, and mix with the amount of butter called for. Press the buttered crumbs into the baking dish and put into the freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes.
This Stabilized Whipped Cream on my site will work perfectly for this Dream Bar Recipe as well as all the others I have here on 365 Days of Baking and More.
It is the perfect substitute for those of you who do not want to use Cool Whip.**
Dream Bar Recipes
- Banana Pudding Dream Bars
- No Bake Raspberry Cream Dream Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dream Bars
- Easy No Bake Turtle Dream Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Dream Bars
- Circus Animal Cookie Dream Bars
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Dream Bars
- Irish Cream Dream Bars
- Orange Creamsicle Dream Bars
- Chocolate Mint Dream Bars
- Oreo Pudding Dream Bars
No Bake Desserts
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies Recipe – NO Corn Syrup
- Easy No Bake Oreo Pie
- No-Bake Blueberry Pie
- No Bake Nutella Snickers Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter S’Mores Cookies
- Butterfinger Rice Krispies Treats
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- No-Bake Chocolate Bourbon Balls
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars
- 8 X 8-inch baking pan
- mixing bowl
- medium bowl
- 16 oz peanut butter sandwich cookies divided (Nutter Butters)
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz Cool Whip divided
- 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- Finely crush 20 of the cookies In a blender or food processor.
- Melt the butter in a medium microwavable bowl. Add the crushed cookies and mix until well moistened. Press into an 8 X 8-inch baking dish, and place into the freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes to set.
- Mix the package of pudding with the 1 1/2 cups of milk in a small bowl, and place into refrigerator to set.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla together.
- Fold in 1 cup of the Cool Whip and mix until well blended.
- Place dollops of cream cheese mixture over the crust, and with an offset spatula, gently spread to completely cover.
- Doing the same with the chocolate pudding, place dollops over the cream cheese and evenly distribute.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over the pudding.
- Refrigerate two hours. Place into freezer for a half hour to completely set and allow for neat slices.
- In a plastic bag, break up the remaining cookies.
- Sprinkle the cookies and chocolate / peanut butter chips over the top just before serving.
I rate everything I make on a scale of 1 – 4 with 4 being the best and these Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars 4 rolling pins.
It is Oh. My. Goodness. G-O-O-D!!!
Of course, the peanut butter and chocolate pudding compliment each other quite nicely and the Cool Whip adds a great creamy lightness to it. You can bet I’ll be making this again.
This post was originally published on 8/4/2014, and has been updated in format with improved recipe, and pics on 8/5/21.