It’s time for the monthly Secret Recipe Club Reveal!!
You pick a recipe that you want to make and then reveal on your assigned day. BUT, you have to keep it a secret! The blogger whose site you’ve been assigned isn’t supposed to know that you have them ~ that’s the immense fun of the reveal!
- 1/4 cup 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 10.5 oz. package marshmallows
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 3 2.1 oz. Butterfinger candy bars
- Prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Place Butterfingers into a plastic bag to crush.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add the peanut butter, stirring constantly until it has melted and is thoroughly mixed.
- Mix in crushed Butterfingers.
- Add Rice Krispies and mix completely.
- Pour contents into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a greased rubber spatula.
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting.
I tried the efficient way of crushing the candy bars in their wrapper and it turned out to be more of a mess – chocolate stuck to the wrapper and it sort of exploded all over the oven as I went to open the wrapper even though I did it slowly. So, I STRONGLY suggest Using the bag!
I rate everything I make on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and these Butterfinger Rice Krispie Treats earned 3 rolling pins.
You already know that the family loved them because I told you they scarfed them down.
Geez, I just can’t make plain Rice Krispie treats anymore because I’ve now spoiled my family. :-/
I did find that instead of removing the pan from the heat and continuing to keep it on low as I mixed in the cereal, it was easier to mix. Otherwise, it’s too taxing on my wrist and everything begins to harden too quickly.
Thank you, Erika, for sharing this wonderful recipe with us! I look forward to trying more recipes from The Teenage Taste!
Be sure to visit the links below to see what other delicious recipes my fellow bloggers have made!
I give you BIG baking hugs and muffins!!