Oreo Peppermint Rice Krispies Treats – rice puffed cereal mixed with melted marshmallow and Winter Oreos, and flavored with peppermint – a tasty and colorful holiday treat!
Growing up, my mother made a lot of Rice Krispies Treats.
I didn’t realize it, but this delectable dessert was first created in 1939! Who knew?!
These things have been around for ages, but nowadays, there are SO many incredible variations.
So, I decided to just add to the list and come up with another of my own.
I think I’ll be making these again next year. They were pepperminty good and just scream holidays.
Ok, maybe they don’t really scream it, but I certainly don’t hear fireworks going off or any Star Spangled Banner playing.
So, here you go, a pepperminty holiday treat that kids of any age will be pleased with.
SAVE THIS RICE KRISPIE TREAT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
~ FOLLOW ME ~
~ FACEBOOK ~ PINTEREST ~
~ INSTAGRAM ~ TWITTER ~
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY 365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
Oreo Peppermint Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 10- ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 15- ounce package Winter Oreos red filling
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¾ cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- 1 package store-bought white cookie icing
- Prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Crush the Oreos in a Ziploc bag. You want various sized pieces.
- Mix with the Rice Krispies cereal in a large bowl.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Mix in the peppermint extract.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies and Oreos.
- Place into the prepared baking dish and gently, but not completely, press down to touch all sides of the pan.
- Sprinkle the Andes Peppermint Crunch chips on the top and press them into the Rice Krispies.
- Drizzle the white cookie icing over the top.
- Allow to set for 10 - 15 minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram and make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more recipes.
I rate everything I make on a scale of 1 -4 with 4 being the best and these Oreo Peppermint Rice Krispies Treats earned 3 1/2 rolling pins.
Boy, were they good!
Don’t forget these tasty recipes for your weekend get-togethers!
Reeses Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
Brown Butter Rum Banana Bread
Although I’m not a huge fan of red dye, I have to admit that I did like the color of these. I think they’d be a great treat for Valentine’s Day, too, but probably without the peppermint and substitute the icing for some drizzled white chocolate.
Comments & Reviews
I don’t know about anybody else but, these look disgusting with those big blobs of green that look like mold. Bet it tastes good though.
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
I love these SO MUCH. I am so not done with peppermint all the things. 🙂
Thanks, Dorothy! I could keep eating peppermint throughout the year.