These Chocolate Mint Dream Bars are layer upon layer of goodness! They begin with a Mint Oreo crust, are topped with chopped Andes Mints, a sweet peppermint cream cheese layer, chocolate fudge pudding, and then whipped topping. This NO-Bake dessert is a winner!
Want to make a dessert that receives rave reviews from everyone who’s tried it?
*This post contains an affiliate link(s).
You know you do!
Everyone will be asking you for the recipe and/or want you to make it for every party you’re invited to.
What special occasion do you think you’d serve these for?
Or maybe you don’t even NEED a special occasion!
These Chocolate Mind Dream Bars are going to be perfect to serve over the holidays, for St. Patrick’s Day or just because.
Trust me. I make them all year long because they are just. that. good.
The chocolate mint lover in your life will beg you to make these again and again. The flavor combination is just fantastic.
SAVE THESE CHOCOLATE MINT DREAM BARS TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
If you don’t want to use that non-dairy whipped topping in the tub with the blue label (you KNOW the one I’m talking ’bout!) then you can use this great recipe for my Stabilized Whipped Cream.
It makes just the perfect amount for each of my Dream Bar Recipes. The recipe is made without gelatin (because I know some people don’t like to use that either), tastes really, REALLY delicious and can even be piped for other recipes!
Pretty great, hunh?
365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP
TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS,
SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
I love to search for No-Bake recipes like my Chocolate Mint Dream Bars. They just make life so much easier, don’t you think?
Coconut lovers rejoice! This No-Bake Coconut Cream Lush Dessert from Amy at BellyFull has your name all over it! There’s so much delicious flavor in every single bite.
If you have cookie monsters in your house, make them these Monster Cookie NoBake Bars. Erin at Dinners, Dishes & Desserts made this delicious recipe and I’m practically licking my monitor because they look so gosh darn good!
I love individual desserts because they’re just the right size. Rachel at Rachel Cooks made these No Bake Lemon Berry Cheesecakes are really delicious looking! And they’re so cute I might just eat more than one.
What you’ll need to make your Chocolate Mint Dream Bars
- I made the original recipes with an 8 X 8 -inch baking dish like this one. I love that it comes with a cover because it makes it easy to transport it to potlucks and parties.
- You can definitely double this recipe! Just make it in a 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Friends and family will certainly be happy you did! 😉
- For the cookie crust, I use Mint Oreos, but you can use the regular if you prefer or can’t find the Mint. Be sure to use the WHOLE cookie when you put them into the food processor. You want to use the filling as well.
- Use chopped Andes Mints over the cookie layer and on top for more flavor and decoration, too. Extra chocolate mint flavor in every bite is always a good thing, I think.
- In ALL of the Dream Bar recipes, only use the 1 1/2 cups milk, called for in the recipe, NOT the 2 cups called for on the box. We want the pudding to be a bit thicker so it sets up well in the dessert.
- 1 15.25 package Mint Oreo cookies divided
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1- lb. package Andes Mints chopped, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 - 7 drops green food coloring
- 1 3.9- ounce box chocolate fudge pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 8- ounce container Cool Whip or 1 recipe of my Stabilized Whipped Cream divided
- Hershey’s chocolate bar shavings
- Prepare an 8 X 8-inch baking ban by lining it with parchment so that the edges come up on the sides, enabling you to easily remove the bars from the pan to slice before serving.
- Place 24 Mint Oreos into a food processor and pulse to finely ground into crumbs.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, melt butter for 20 - 30 seconds.
- Pour the cookie crumbs into the butter and mix well.
- Place the crumbs into the prepared baking pan and pat down firmly, spreading to all of the edges.
- Put the pan into the freezer to set for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, peppermint extract and 5 drops of green food coloring.
- Beat until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl.
- If desired, add more green food coloring until desired hue is reached.
- Fold in one cup of Cool Whip until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chocolate fudge pudding and milk.
- Place into refrigerator to set.
- Chop 30 of the Andes Mints and evenly distribute them on top of the crust.
- Place dollops of the peppermint cream cheese on top of the chopped mints and gently spread to the edges of the pan.
- Place dollops of pudding on top of the cream cheese and gently spread.
- Evenly (spread) the remaining Cool Whip over the pudding.
- Place pan into the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours.
- A half hour before serving, place pan into freezer. This will allow it to be sliced easily.
- Chop the remaining Andes Mints.
- Make chocolate curls by making thin slices along the side of the Hershey bar.
- When ready to serve, lift bars out of the pan by the parchment.
- Sprinkle the chopped Andes Mints and chocolate curls on top.
- Peel the parchment away from the sides and slice with a large knife. I find it easiest to slice them when the knife has been placed under some warm running water and then dried.
If you like this Chocolate Mint Dream Bar recipe, you’ll enjoy…
You can find EVEN MORE great Dream Bar recipes when you type “Dream Bars” into the search located in the top left here on 365 Days of Baking and More. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!