Cinnamon Rice Krispies Treats are a delicious variation on a classic dessert bar! Made with a combination of cinnamon cereals and marshmallows, these ooey gooey treats are full of cinnamon spice flavor.
If you crossed a churro with a Rice Krispy Treat, you’d get these Churro Rice Krispies Treats.
Rice Krispies Treats are one of the easiest no bake desserts out there.
The gooey ribbons of soft melted marshmallow paired with crispy rice cereal makes them a favorite for kids and adults alike. It’s no wonder they’ve been a long time staple dessert at potlucks, birthdays and school parties.
SAVE THIS EASY CHURRO RICE KRISPIES TREATS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Like lots of moms, I’ve made my fair share of Rice Krispie Treats since my kids were small. It’s so much fun coming up with different mix-ins and flavors to change them up! Even now that my kids are grown, I find myself craving a good old-fashioned rice krispie!
Churro Rice Krispies are inspired by the cinnamon sugar coating on churros and snickerdoodles. I love the way the sweet and slightly spicy flavors come together!
What do I need?
Rice Krispies Treats with cinnamon are made with just a handful of ingredients.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- Cinnamon Sugar Rice Krispies Cereal – Or substitute with plain rice krispies.
- Mini marshmallows
Wondering how to make Cinnamon Rice Krispies Treats? It’s starts like regular rice krispy bars: adding cereal to a mixture of melted butter and marshmallows. You’ll add a little cinnamon to the treats before pressing them into a pan.
The big difference between plain rice krispie treats and Churro Rice Krispies is the cinnamon sugar topping! After pressing the treats into the pan, you sprinkle a cinnamon-sugar on top.
DO NOT skip this step!
It gives every bite a fun cinnamon flavor and perfect texture.
Honestly, when I sprinkled the cinnamon sugar on top of the bars, I really thought it was too much and was rather disgusted by it. BUT THEN…
I gently shook the pan from side to side which made the topping fall down in between all the crevices in the bars and it was GOLDEN!!
Seriously, EVERY bite is FULL of an incredible cinnamon sugar flavor because of it.
Can I freeze rice krispies treats?
You can freeze rice krispies treats but the texture and flavor will be altered. Because I really love rice krispies treats, I never want to enjoy one that isn’t the BEST it can possibly be! That’s why I don’t recommend freezing them if you can avoid it.
Instead, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They keep well for a few days–IF you can resist eating them all!
No Bake Desserts
Rice Krispies Treats aren’t the only easy no bake dessert I have on the blog.
If you love no bake recipes with cereal, these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies are right up your alley. You’ll love these No Bake Peanut Butter S’Mores Cookies too. Who needs the oven when you have so many no bake treat recipes to try?
Rice Krispies Treats
You’ll never get bored of Rice Krispies Treats with so many fun flavor and topping options! I even have a Rice Krispies Granola Bar recipe for a version you can call a “healthy” snack!
Check out all of the easy Rice Krispy recipes I’ve shared over the years.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- Butterfinger Rice Krispies Treats
- Lemon Meringue Rice Krispie Treats
- Circus Animal Cookie Rice Krispie Treats
- Oreo Peppermint Rice Krispies Treats
- S’Mores Rice Krispie Treats
- Cake Batter Krispie Bars
Churro lovers will go nuts for these Cinnamon Rice Krispies Treats!
Cinnamon Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 8 X 8-inch baking dish
- 1 plastic storage bag for crushing cereal
- 1 large non-stick pot
- 3 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- 2 cups Cinnamon Sugar Rice Krispies Cereal can use regular Rice Krispies Cereal and make as directed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon If using regular Rice Krispies, increase cinnamon ¾ teaspoon.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepare an 8 X 8-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Put the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal into a plastic bag and slightly crush with your hand.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium low heat. Once butter is melted, add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add the cereals, and cinnamon to the melted marshmallows, turn off heat, and stir until completely combined. Pour into prepared pan, and gently spread to edges being careful not to push down on them too hard.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar and mix well. Pour evenly over the pan and then gently shake the pan from side to side so the the sugar mixture settles into the bars.
- Let rest to cool for about 15 minutes.