Banana Pudding Dream Bars – take your favorite banana pudding to the next level with an Oreo layer, fresh bananas, and a sweet cream cheese layer. Banana lovers unite for this great NO-Bake dessert!
This post needs no words…
just the recipe.
SAVE THIS DREAM BARS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Ok, well maybe a few words telling you how absolutely delicious it was. If you love banana pudding, then I’m pretty sure you’re going to go nuts for this dessert. I remember my grandmother making a really delicious banana cream pie when I was little, but THIS is much better than that ever was!!
OH, MY GOODNESS!!
It certainly was not easy for me to stop eating it. There was lots of banana flavor, but it wasn’t too overpowering. I also must advise you to put the chocolate sauce on top as well.
Take a look at these other wonderful banana desserts from other bloggers:
Banana Cream Cheesecake from Six Sisters’ Stuff
Banana Pudding Trifle Recipe from Frugal Fanatic
Mini Banana Cream Pies from A Spicy Perspective
Banana Cream Pie from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Banana Pudding Cupcakes from Spicy Southern Kitchen
Watch how you can make some Power Waffles with bananas!
Yes, you can eat it without it and it tastes really good, but when you put that chocolate on top?? Man, oh MAN!!!
Everything’s just better with chocolate anyway, right?
Oh, and before I forget. I know the package of pudding calls for TWO cups of milk, BUT my recipe only calls for ONE AND A HALF cups of milk. You want to use less milk so that the pudding isn’t runny.
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- 1 14.3- ounce package Golden Oreo cookies divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 bananas divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 8- ounce container Cool Whip divided
- 1 3.9- ounce package instant banana Jello-O Pudding Mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- chocolate syrup if desired
- In a blender or food processor, finely crush 24 of the cookies.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter and finely crushed cookies until well moistened and press into an ungreased 8 X 8-inch baking dish.
- Place into the freezer to chill for at least a half an hour.
- In the meantime, mix the package of pudding with the 1 1/2 cups of milk in a small bowl.
- Mash one of the bananas.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the mashed banana and cream cheese. Add in the confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in 1 cup of the Cool Whip and mix until well blended.
- Slice one of the remaining two bananas and place over the cooled crust.
- Place dollops of the cream cheese mixture over the bananas and with an offset spatula, gently spread to completely cover.
- Evenly spread the pudding layer over the cream cheese.
- Top with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- In a plastic bag, break up 8 of the cookies.
- Before serving, slice the remaining banana and sprinkle the cookies over the top.
- Serve with chocolate syrup drizzled on top, if desired.
The recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of milk, not the 2 cups of milk called for on the package of pudding. Use only the 1 1/2 cups.
I really think all the monkeys in your life are going to like this dessert. Let me know. I’d love to hear your feedback!
If you like this recipe then you’ll love…