Better than your regular banana bread, this PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD has all the flavors you loved as a kid. It will take you back to Grandma’s kitchen and beyond!
Based on how many recipes I have here on the blog, it’s very safe to say that I really like banana bread.
Yeah. It’s one thing my mother made when I was growing up that I really fell in love with.
It’s just complete comfort food to me. The smell as it’s baking, the butter melting into the warm slice and that magnificent taste.
SAVE THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
I, myself have made quite a few loaves of it in my day. I think this Blueberry Banana Bread was one of my favorites. Who knew that combining blueberries with bananas would be so good??
Chocolate and bananas always go so well together, too! But why just have chocolate when you can make it Double Chocolate Banana Bread? I mean, DUH! Or, if you’d rather be a little more health-conscious and feel like you’re doing your body good while eating a few more slices, then this Quinoa Banana Bread is for you.
Regardless of which one you make, if you’re a banana bread lover I think you’ll enjoy them all.
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan by greasing the bottom and only halfway up the sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the peanut butter and combine thoroughly.
- Add the buttermilk and bananas, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Slowly pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and combine until just mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Bread is best and easiest to cut when stored in tin foil overnight and eaten the next day, but it's also really good warm with some butter melting into it.
If you like this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, then you’ll enjoy…
Watch these videos to see some more great banana recipes: