These Cheesy Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls are light and airy on the outside with delicious bites of cheese and Johnsonville sausage on the inside. They’ll make be appetizing addition for your Easter brunch.
If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you’ll know that I L-O-V-E breakfast.
We might as well include brunch in that previous statement as well. So, because of my love for all morning meals, I partnered with Johnsonville to make these Cheesy Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls to encourage you to be Brunchspired!
Brunch is just plain ol’ awesome. I think because it kills two birds with one stone, so to speak – two meals are taken care of in one! Plus there’s usually a lot more delicious food to choose from. SCORE!
SAVE THESE SAUSAGE ROLLS TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
And isn’t it more likely that you’ll hear people say, “Let’s get together for brunch”! Family gatherings and holidays are often centered around it as well. I mean, has anyone asked you, “Can you join us for Christmas or Easter breakfast”?
Maybe, but I doubt it. People wake up, open gifts, kids rummage through their Easter baskets, and many go to church. A later meal filled with all things delicious breakfast and lunch is more sensible. Am I right?
These Cheesy Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls are fun and easy to make. Using Johnsonville sausage links made with choice cuts of pork and a variety of flavors and spices mean you don’t need to add much to make these rolls really tasty!
They’re going to be so pretty served on your Easter brunch table and everyone will love how they taste.
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 9.6 ounce Johnsonville Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and add the tablespoon of water to make an egg wash.
- Roll the pastry dough out so that it measures 10 X 10-inches square. Using a pizza cutter, cut the sheet into 12 squares that measure 2 1/2 X 2 1/2-inches.
- Take one of the pastry squares and brush a small amount of egg wash on one end.
- Place a sausage link at the opposite edge.
- Put one tablespoon of cheese next to the sausage and as close to it as possible.
- Holding the dough close to the sausage link and tucking in the cheese as you go, roll down towards the egg wash and press tightly to seal.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the top with some of the egg wash, and sprinkle with some more cheese and chives.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
In addition to the Cheesy Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls, be sure to add these recipes to your Easter Brunch as well:
Enjoy these videos for more Easter recipe ideas!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.