This Lemon Poppy Seed Dutch Baby is a light and fluffy pancake baked in the oven. With a light lemon flavor, it’s the perfect breakfast treat for the weekend.
My daughter and I are in the process of returning back to civilization.
Cue the tears.
Going on a 10-day cruise to 5 different countries is tough work, let me tell you! What’s even more difficult is the re-entry process! We arrived home at 3:15 pm yesterday, stopped somewhere to pick up food and I was in bed by 5:30 to take a nap.
Guess I needed more than just a couple hours because when Kurt attempted to sweetly wake me by rubbing my head, I barely moved so there he left me. Fully clothed and with my contacts still in, I woke up around 7 am this morning.
SAVE THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
I was exhausted because of our fun late nights and early mornings, but also because on Tuesday, I came down with a cold. I’ve been feeling pretty yucky the past few days, but after last night’s great sleep, I finally feel like I’m kicking it.
No more time to be sick. I’ve got taxes to finish, posts to do, recipes to make, and LIVE videos to do with you all! Ain’t no more downtime allowed! My first post about cruising will be going up this week, so be on the lookout for it. You definitely want to consider taking a cruise if you haven’t already been. They are pretty stinking incredible.
A huge thank you if you joined me for any of the live videos while we were exploring the Caribbean Sea and various ports. I know the reception was not too reliable at times, but it was a lot of fun sharing all of them with you, especially Wilma dancing up a storm. She was wonderful!
If you missed them, you can still check them out on my Facebook page in the video section.
In the meantime, enjoy this delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Dutch Baby. It’s so light and fluffy. It will be perfect for Mother’s Day and you just might to make two in case she’s really hungry. 😉
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- 3 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- confectioners’ sugar
- fresh fruit if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare a 10-inch oven proof skillet by greasing it with butter.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Onto a square of wax paper, sift the flour, sugar and salt.
- Make a small well in the center of the flour and add the poppy seeds and lemon zest.
- While whisking, slowly pour the flour into the bowl, by folding the edges of the wax paper together. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared skillet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 10 minutes when puffed, golden and set in the middle.
- Remove from oven sprinkle the top with lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve with fresh fruit, if desired.
Check out these other dessert recipes!