Chocolate Croissant Baked French Toast – mini chocolate chips, flaky croissants, cream cheese combined with a sweetened egg mixture make the perfect overnight breakfast. Make it the night before and it will be ready to eat after baking in the morning. It’s chocolate for breakfast!
We’re going to make this a short post today and get right to the recipe.
Mainly because I have nothing to talk about.
It’s not often that that happens, so enjoy it while you have the opportunity. Usually, I’m long-winded and can go on and on when I’m writing.
Take a look at these Baked French Toast recipes from my fellow bloggers…
French Toast Bake from Lil’ Luna
Overnight Creme Brulée French Toast Bake from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
Baked French Toast Cups from Family Spice
Cinnamon French Toast Muffins from Just A Taste
Cranberry Orange Baked French Toast Casserole from Taste and Tell
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- 8 jumbo croissants I found them at Walmart, but you can use 12 regular size, chopped
- 1 12- ounce package mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 8- ounces cream cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Cut the croissants up into bite-size pieces or 1-inch cubes. Layer half of them into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half of the mini chocolate chips over the croissants.
- Cut the cream cheese into small squares by dividing it in half and slicing into 20 pieces. Distribute half of the cream cheese over the croissants and chocolate chips.
- Place the remaining croissants, chocolate chips and cream cheese into the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Gently pour and evenly distribute the egg mixture over the entire pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake in the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and remove plastic wrap. Bake for 45 – 55 minutes. 45 minutes will give you a softer, slightly unfinished middle whereas 55 minutes will be firmer.