Chocolate Banana Muffins – when chocolate collides with banana, the perfect morning muffin is created. It’s one even a monkey would love!
There’s just something about having chocolate in the morning that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Personally, I think every day should start with chocolate. Especially, if you’re hormonal. Don’t you agree?
I mean, heck, it will start your day off on the right foot, especially if you wake up on the wrong side of the bed.
SAVE THIS MUFFIN RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Plain and simple, life just needs more chocolate.
More smiles given to strangers.
More words of encouragement.
More random acts of kindness.
More walking in the other person’s shoes.
More rainbows and unicorns.
Take a look at these muffins from my fellow bloggers…
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins from The Novice Chef
Lemon Crumb Muffins from Crazy for Crust
Best Blueberry Streusel Muffins from Barbara Bakes
Almond Poppy Seed Muffins from Wonky Wonderful
English Muffins from The Noshery
I’m a romantic. What can I say? I’m sick of all the anger, drama and hatred in the world. It’s just too much. The world would just be a much better place with more chocolate and positivity.
Feel free to add about 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the batter at the end before filling the muffin tins if you want to up your chocolate game. My daughter was disappointed I hadn’t done it, but I don’t always want to make recipes that are over the top.
Sometimes, simple is best, right?
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 3 medium bananas mashed (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin by spraying it with cooking spray or filling each cup with a cupcake liner.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and the sugar until light.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Gradually add the buttermilk while mixing on low. The contents may look curdled, but that’s ok.
- Mix in the mashed bananas.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- While mixing on low, add half of the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- Add the remainder and beat until just combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Fill prepared muffin cups to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a few muffins comes out clean.
If you like these Chocolate Banana Muffins, then you’ll LOVE…