Cinnamon Peach Pancakes – fluffy buttermilk pancakes spiced with cinnamon and flavored with fresh peaches. They make a great summer breakfast.
I’ve got a thing for breakfast foods.
These Cinnamon Peach Pancakes are fluffy buttermilk pancakes spiced with cinnamon and flavored with fresh peaches – a great summer breakfast!
SAVE THIS PEACH PANCAKES TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
I’m not gonna lie. I could eat breakfast for lunch and dinner nearly every day. Oh, and of course, breakfast.
There’s just something homey and comforting about breakfast to me. Maybe it’s the fact that I have fond memories of having my grandmother’s delicious griddle cakes when I was little.
I’d spend the summers at my grandparent’s home in Rhode Island while my parents stayed back at our house just outside of Chicago. They were pretty wonderful summers except for the many times I spent on the phone just crying because I was homesick. I’m sure my mom tired of those calls very quickly.
Take a look at these other pancake recipes from my fellow bloggers…
Old Fashioned Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes from Eat It and Say Yum
IHOP Pancakes Copycat from Onion Rings and Things
Cake Batter Funfetti Pancakes from Baking Beauty
Strawberries and Cream Pancakes from The Cookie Writer
Buffet Pancake Dippers from Lady Behind the Curtain
So, with fond memories of Grandma cooking in the kitchen and by adapting her griddle cake recipe, I give to you these wonderful summer pancakes.
~ FOLLOW ME ~
~ FACEBOOK ~ PINTEREST ~
~ INSTAGRAM ~ TWITTER ~
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY 365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter plus additional butter for the grill or skillet
- 2 peaches – peeled pitted and diced
- Preheat griddle to medium. You can also use a skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add buttermilk and melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients all all once to wet mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fold in diced peaches.
- Place just enough butter on the surface of the griddle to coat it throughout.
- Using a large spoon or scant 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto griddle.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the tops of the pancakes and then pop, about 5-7 minutes. The edges should also be somewhat dry/cooked.
- With a metal spatula, carefully flip the pancake over to cook for and additional 5-7 minutes.
- Place onto a serving plate and serve with maple syrup.
All at once, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Fold in the diced peaches.
To butter the griddle, I place about a 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of butter on it and then move it around with the knife so that the whole surface is covered. We don’t use any additional butter on the pancakes at the table, just the maple syrup.
Flip the pancake over to cook for and additional 5-7 minutes. After the flip, I’ll sometimes cook them again on the original side for about a minute of so just to make sure that they are completely cooked.
I rate everything I make on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and these Cinnamon Peach Pancakes earned 3 1/2 rolling pins. My daughter’s both agreed they should be given a 4, but I didn’t think they were the best I’d ever had.
I honestly liked the Berry Buttermilk Pancakes better than these. It’s good though to add different things to the pancakes. I’ve only really ever made our pancakes plain. Yes, I was boring, but now I’m SPICING things up a bit! Hee Hee
If you like these Cinnamon Peach Pancakes, then you’ll love…