Chicken Noodle Casserole – cooked chicken, and noodles in a savory flavored sauce. This dinner makes for a great weeknight meal and will be even easier for you when you use a rotisserie chicken.
What a wonderful weekend!
As you know I went away to Austin, TX this weekend to hang out with some of my blogger besties. We had a really good time, talking all things blog, eating and laughing.
Boy, did we laugh! So much so that our stomachs hurt and there were tears. I love laughing that hard. It thinks it’s good for the soul.
SAVE THIS CHICKEN CASSEROLE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
This post was originally published 5/23/11 and has been updated with pictures and in format.
I did leave one of the original pictures and the rolling pin rating from the original post because I thought you might like to check it out.
Take a look at these chicken recipes from my fellow bloggers…
Best Chicken Tikki Masala from Savory Tooth
Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken from The Recipe Critic
Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken from Carlsbad Cravings
Southwestern Fiesta Chicken from Kevin & Amanda
Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken from Cafe Delites
Just a tip, I love using this chicken base in this recipe as opposed to chicken stock or chicken bouillon because the flavor is just so much richer.
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup sifted flour
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chicken base dissolved in 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated pepper
- 2 cups bite-size pieces cooked chicken
- 8 oz. thin noodles cooked according to package directions and drained
- 2 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Cheddar/Jack shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare an 8 X 8-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over moderate heat and blend in flour and poultry seasoning.
- Slowly stir in broth and milk, add salt and pepper, and heat, stirring until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and add the chicken and noodles. Gently stir well to combine.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt the butter.
- Add the Panko bread crumbs and stir to coat.
- Mix in the cheese and then spread evenly over the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Oh. My. Goodness!
Yes, this is one of those recipes that IS a keeper!! The whole family absolutely loved this dish tonight, and unanimously decided that it earned 4 rolling pins!
I rate everything that I bake on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best of the best.
The sauce was so delicious and I think it was largely in part due to the fact that I used the Montreal Chicken seasoning. That seasoning is great when we grill chicken, so I knew it would give this dish that extra boost I was looking for. Also, instead of using the 1 teaspoon of granules I used 2 for even additional flavor.
This was SO yummy!!!!!
The only thing I think I’d change is to double the amount of sauce. The noodles weren’t dry, I just like things really saucy. Saucy. I like that.
If you like this Chicken Noodle Casserole, then you’ll love…