Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts – Brussels sprouts cooked in a skillet with bacon, some brown sugar, and maple syrup. This is a great side dish to serve with any dinner and will convert your Brussels sprouts hater.
You know, up until March of this year, I had never tasted a Brussels sprout.
I was nervous to, too! I don’t know why I think it’s probably because they look like they’re healthy and aren’t going to taste that great. Face it, they’re vegetable balls. Who wants to eat a ball made of a vegetable? Not me.
I was at our Bake N’ Blog retreat in Myrtle Beach which Dixie Crystals (a sugar company) so kindly sponsored. One of the recipes we made (actually, I made them) were their Brown Sugar Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Candied Walnuts. Oh, my goodness!
I made them when I returned home for my family and Kurt was like, “Whoa!! What are these things”?? I guess he liked them.
Who knew that these little green things would come into our lives and create such a frenzy. Not me!
So, I tweaked the Dixie Crystals recipe to give you these Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts. I like them just as much and the recipe is without the walnuts.
I hope you like them as well.
Take a look at these other side dish recipes from my fellow bloggers…
Creamy Mustard Brussels Sprouts from Cotter Crunch
Smothered Green Beans from Plain Chicken
Creamy Confetti Corn with Bacon from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts from The Food Charlatan
Creamy Pea Salad from Love Bakes Good Cakes
I think we’ll be serving them at Thanksgiving because I want to see how many more Brussels Sprout lovers I can make in this world. 😉
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts trimmed, rinsed and dried (remove outer leaves, if needed)
- Cut the Brussels sprouts either in halves or quarters depending on their size and place into a bowl.
- Slice the bacon into small pieces.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove from skillet and place onto a paper towel covered plate.
- Put the brown sugar and maple syrup in the skillet and whisk to mix.
- Add the Brussels Sprout and toss to combine.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on medium-high until soft.