Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes – diced sweet potatoes tossed with olive oil, fresh sage, and thyme, drizzled with pure maple syrup and roasted to perfection.
I know yesterday I said we’d have a cookie recipe with today’s review of my favorite eats when I was on vacation in Kauai…
Ok, well, I guess I didn’t really lie, I had just forgotten that I said last week during my live video that when I did today’s live video that I’d be making a side dish that you all could make for the holidays. So of course, I had to get this recipe up in order for people to access it during the video.
Aaaannnnndd… now as it turns out, I won’t be going live today because I’m sneezing like crazy and running a fever. So, we’ll have to reschedule. And about that Kauai post and those cookies? Look for that on Wednesday.
But, THIS recipe!!!
Take a look at these other sweet potato recipes from my fellow bloggers…
Perfect Mashed Sweet Potatoes from Andie Mitchell
How to Bake a Perfect Sweet Potato from Momma Loves Food
Fully Loaded Sweet Potatoes from The Novice Chef
Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Wedges from Creme de la Crumb
How to Make Perfect Sweet Potato Chips from Mariah’s Pleasing Plates
Baked Parmesan Sweet Potatoes from Lil’ Luna
See that bowl of sweet potatoes? I ate the WHOLE thing all by myself, I did after I took the pictures. They were SO delicious!! I seriously hit it out of the park today with this one, boys and girls!
You like that baseball reference, seeing as how we’re into October baseball! I’m pretty smart there, ain’t I? 😉
Believe me, you need to add these to this week’s menu and most definitely to your holiday table. I know everyone likes the sweet potatoes with the brown sugar, marshmallows, and pecans, but THESE are just so much better for you and just naturally delidious…delilicious…deddiicious…
Man, how many times is it gonna take me to spell DELICIOUS right?? I think I need to go to bed.
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP
TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
Seriously though, make them. You won’t be sorry.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 - 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining it with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into 1/2 - 1 inch cubes.
- Place the diced potatoes into the bowl and toss to completely coat.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet, making a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drizzle with the maple syrup and mix.
- Return to oven to bake for an additional 7 - 10 minutes.