This baked Zucchini Sticks recipe, coated in two different kinds of bread crumbs, Italian herbs and Parmesan cheese, makes a quick and easy side dish, appetizer or even dinner. Serve plain, with your favorite marinara or ranch dressing.
It seems I can never find enough delicious side dishes.
I mean, I know they’re out there.
I’ve seen them.
On Pinterest, Facebook.
I just have trouble getting my act together to make them because it seems like I’m always so focused on the main dish that I forget or can’t time it right.
SAVE THIS EASY BAKED PARMESAN ZUCCHINI STICKS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Well, this easy side dish is most definitely a keeper.
And it’s perfect for that time of year when you’ve got a whole slew of zucchini in your garden.
So, be sure to keep this recipe handy because you’ll definitely want to make it over and over.
Heck, you might even make it so much that you’ll soon have it memorized!
Believe me, it’s just. That. Good.
What ingredients do I need to make baked zucchini fries?
- you certainly can’t make them without zucchini. This recipe calls for two large ones.
- bread crumbs – both plain and plain Panko. You can substitute cornmeal for the Panko bread crumbs if you’d like.
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- olive oil spray or cooking spray
How do I make baked Parmesan zucchini?
- Preheat oven to 400° F. and prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Place the two eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk.
- In a medium bowl, mix together both bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cut the zucchini into sticks, about 1 ½ – 2 inches in length.
- Place about 4 of the sticks into the egg and stir to coat.
- Then put the sticks into the bread crumb mixture and make sure they are completely covered.
- Arrange on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until nicely golden.
To get them a bit more crunchy, I’ll remove mine from the oven at 10 minutes, flip them individually and then put them back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve plain, or with some marinara sauce or Ranch dressing.
There are so many wonderful things you can do with zucchini.
You can make bread with it, even pancakes! The kids will never know that their breakfast is just a bit healthier. 😉
Zucchini sticks make a great appetizer or side dish.
I have a confession.
I love sweets and desserts like most people.
However, I could eat roasted vegetables for days on end if given the chance.
Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes are one of my absolute favorites as is this Roasted Parmesan Broccoli.
I’ll just eat this stuff right off the pan when I take it out of the oven I love them that much!
Ok, I do it with the zucchini sticks as well.
I’ve fallen in love with cauliflower when I’ve roasted it, too!
This colorful Roasted Curry Cajun Cauliflower will add some pizzaz to your dinner.
You’ll also want to try the Roasted Teriyaki Cauliflower.
If you prefer to eat your cauliflower with cheese, then this Cauliflower Gratin has your name all over it.
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY
365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP
TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS,
SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
More family side dish favorites here are the Strawberry Spinach Salad, Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts, and Vanilla Mashed Potatoes.
They’re all so delicious that I’ve often thought about making a dinner just out of the three of them. HA!
Of course, bread always makes a delicious side as well.
Zucchini sticks and a loaf of this Italian Bread will be great accompaniments to any Italian meal.
If the family loves tender rolls with their pot roast, then these Texas Roadhouse Rolls need to be made. They will practically melt in your mouth!
AND, remember to make the Cinnamon Honey Butter to spread all over them!
Finally, if you choose to dip these zucchini fries in some ranch dressing, then make this Chili Ranch Dipping Sauce and you can even make the fried green tomatoes to go with them!
This recipe has been adapted from Miss Anthropist’s Kitchen.
Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Sticks
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F, and prepare a rimmed baking sheet by spraying it generously with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine both breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Wash each zucchini and then slice in half. Cut into sticks about 2" long and ¼-½" wide.
- Place about 4 of the zucchini sticks into the eggs, and completely cover all sides.
- Put zucchini into the bread crumb mixture and toss to completely coat.
- Place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Spray zucchini sticks with cooking spray and place into oven.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve plain, with marinara or ranch dressing.