Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes are here just in time for fall. Hearty pancakes full of pumpkin flavor make this a delicious autumn breakfast!
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
Yes, Jerry spoke directly to ME!!! He did, he really did!
Alright, alright. Well I can dream, can’t I?
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- No need to run out and buy buttermilk from the store for this recipe. You can make your own by whisking a teaspoon of white vinegar into a cup of regular milk and letting it stand for 15 minutes until curdled!
- Have you ever made your own Homemade Pumpkin Spice? It works great in this recipe but feel free to use the store bought kind instead.
- Make sure your griddle or pan is preheated enough before you place your batter on it! I cooked my first batch without preheating my griddle hot enough.
They fell apart a little when I tried to flip them. My fault! The next batch worked much better because the griddle was hotter.
Learn from my mistakes and check your griddle before you pour the batter on top!
Updated to add: Since I first discovered the wide world of pancake recipes when I started this blog, pancakes have become a little bit of an obsession. You’re going to love some of these other delicious pancake recipes I’ve made and shared over the years.
- Cinnamon Peach Pancakes
- Lemon Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- The Fluffiest Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Compote
- Patriotic Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberries and Strawberries
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Pancake
- German Pancake
- Zucchini Pancakes
- Chocolate Cherry Pancakes
- Banana Peanut Butter Chip Pancakes
- Cranberry Pancakes with Orange Cream Cheese Drizzle
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
Easy and filling, this pumpkin pancake recipe has all your favorite fall flavors! Whip up a batch for a delicious breakfast. . . or breakfast for dinner! Serve these all on their own or with a side of crisp Baked Bacon.
Hearty pancakes packed with pumpkin flavor perfect for a fall morning!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix!
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbs butter plus additional for cooking the pancakes
Preheat a griddle or large skillet on medium high heat. In a large bowl, whisk together, flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and cinnamon.
Create a well in the middle of the mixture and add milk(s), pumpkin puree, egg and melted butter. Mix everything together until well combined
Place a small amount of butter on the heated surface and pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto it.Cook until small bubbles form and begin to pop, then flip to other side.Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream or your favorite pancake topping