Peaches and Cream Baked French Toast – peaches, cream cheese, French Bread and an egg mixture make this delicious seasonal breakfast a favorite everyone’s sure to love.
Whenever I make a baked French Toast I feel like I’m cheating.
I think it’s because it’s just SO easy to put together. You’ll prepare them the night before, put the crumb topping on in the morning and then stick it in the oven so it’s ready when everyone wakes up!
That is if you’re up before everyone else. If not, have someone else put it in the oven and you sleep in. I think I like that idea better.
The great thing about these baked French toast recipes is that they can be changed in so many ways. I’ve already got a few of them on the blog and will be coming up with others soon as well.
The family loves taste testing them all and they get so excited when I make them because it’s one of our favorite breakfasts. I think I should put them all into an e-book, so they’re handy for you to access, Be on the look-out for it!
Remember I’m doing LIVE videos on Facebook, every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Mondays and Fridays we’ll have fun making a recipe and on Tuesdays, I’ll share a kitchen tip and have an informal chat session with y’all! Come join us! *times may vary*
SAVE THIS FRENCH TOAST TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Take a look at these baked French toasts from my blogger friends:
Brown Sugar Banana Casserole from Celebrating Sweets
Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake from Lil’ Luna
Pumpkin Caramel Pecan Baked French Toast from The Gunny Sack
Strawberry French Toast Bake from Yellow Bliss Road
Cranberry Orange Baked French Toast Casserole from Taste and Tell
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- 1 loaf French bread cut into one inch cubes
- 3 fresh peaches skinned and diced into 1-inch pieces OR 1 lb. of peaches OR 2 1/2 cups chopped peaches
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese cut into 16 cubes
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick 8 tablespoons cold butter
- Spray an 9 X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place half of the bread cubes into the prepared baking dish and evenly distribute half of the peach pieces and half of the cream cheese cubes.
- Place the remaining bread cubes on top along with the remaining peaches and cream cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Evenly pour mixture over the bread and peaches.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator to sit overnight.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and teaspoon cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- Cut butter into small pieces and with a pastry cutter or two forks, blend butter into mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Place mixture into a plastic bag. Seal and refrigerate overnight. This step can also be done in the morning before placing baking dish into the oven.
- When ready to bake the next morning...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Uncover the baking dish and sprinkle the butter mixture evenly around the top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 – 55 minutes. 45 minutes will give you a softer, slightly unfinished middle whereas 55 minutes will be firmer.
If you like this Peaches and Cream Baked French Toast then you’ll love…