This Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked French Toast Casserole recipe brings a favorite lunch to your breakfast table! This easy breakfast can be made ahead, will save you time on those busy mornings, and make you feel good about providing a delicious meal you know everyone will love.
This time of year, easy breakfasts are where it’s at.
I am proud to be partnering with PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter to bring you this easy, delicious breakfast recipe. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
With the kids going back to school, mornings are bound to be a little chaotic.
There are lunches to be made, belongings gathered, backpacks filled, homework finished, and all this while the grown-ups themselves are heading out the door to work.
And in the midst of all this, you want to be sure everyone’s going to eat a delicious breakfast that will sustain them throughout the day.
No need to be because that’s where PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter, the original powdered peanut butter comes in!
Have you tried it yet?
I’m seriously in love and it was perfect in this Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked French Toast!
Every bite of this recipe has a delicious peanut butter taste, and it’s almost like having lunch for breakfast.
School goes hand in hand with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, so why not make mornings special with this easy recipe?
Besides, who doesn’t love a great French toast?
What I love about PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter is that it can be used in so many different recipes.
Of course, you can use it to make a sandwich but the possibilities are practically endless.
This powder can be used in baking recipes to make cookies, breads, cupcakes, and cakes.
In addition to baked French toast, you can put it in pancakes, muffins, oatmeal, energy bites and even smoothies.
Want something sweet?
I’ve got you covered there, too.
Again and again, you’ve proven to me that you love this nutty flavor in desserts because these Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars are THE most popular recipe here at 365.
So use it in those!
Then there are O’henry bars, no bake peanut butter pie, no bake cornflake cookies, fruit dip, and rocky road.
Stock up now so when the holidays roll around the kids can make these peanut butter reindeer cookies for Santa.
You can even use PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter to make these Homemade Dog Pill Pockets.
They’re so delicious that your furry best friend won’t even know his medication is hidden inside.
Fido will also love when you surprise them with these homemade treats!
SAVE THIS PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
How do I use powdered peanut butter?
Just mix 2 tablespoons of PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter with water or your preferred liquid and mix until smooth. Then prepare as needed.
It’s the perfect powder for shakes and smoothies, can be mixed into foods like oatmeal, and used as an ingredient in so many recipes.
How will you be adding it to your life?
What ingredients do I need for this breakfast recipe?
To assemble this make-ahead French toast, you’ll want to make sure you have the following on hand:
- PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter
- a loaf of French, Italian, sourdough, or Challah bread
- cream cheese
- granulated and brown sugar
- milk and heavy cream
- grape jam – either jam or preserves. You can use whichever flavor you prefer, just do not use jelly. You want some actual fruit mixed in with your French toast.
- pure vanilla extract
- oats – either quick or old fashioned will work
- spices – cinnamon, nutmeg
How do I make this baked French toast casserole recipe?
- The night before, spray an 8 X 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place half of the bread cubes into the dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese. Then add the PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt. With the mixer on low, pour in the milk and heavy cream. Add the eggs and mix completely.
- Pour half of the batter over the bread cubes in the pan then place 8 dollops of grape jam on top of the bread.
- Add remaining bread cubes, cover with remaining batter and remaining jam.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- For the topping, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Using a pastry cutter, blend the butter until completely combined.
Place into a sealed plastic bag and place into refrigerator overnight or make in the morning before placing casserole into the oven.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F. and remove plastic wrap. Bake for 45 minutes.
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY
365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP
TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS,
SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
This overnight Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Casserole brings a favorite lunch to your breakfast table! This easy breakfast recipe that can be made-ahead will save you time on those busy mornings, and make you feel good about providing a delicious meal you know everyone will love.
- 6-7 cups cubes of day old French, Italian or sourdough bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grape jam
- 1/4 cup oats rolled or quick oats
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter chilled
Prepare an 8 X 8-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
Evenly distribute half of the bread cubes in the prepared dish.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
Mix in the PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. With the mixer on low, pour in the milk and heavy cream and beat until well combined. Add the eggs and mix well.
Pour half of the mixture over the bread cubes.
Using a teaspoon, evenly place 8 dollops of grape jam on top of the bread cubes.
Place the remaining bread cubes into the pan, and evenly pour the rest of the liquid over the bread. Add the rest of the jam to the top by teaspoonfuls, again placing evenly.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator overnight or for a minimum of 6-8 hours.
In a medium bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, PB2 Organic Powdered Peanut Butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, blend in the chilled butter until the mixture is completely combined. Place into a sealed plastic bag and place into refrigerator overnight or make in the morning before placing casserole into the oven.
Preheat oven to 350° F. and remove plastic wrap.
Sprinkle the topping mixture over the top and bake for 45 minutes. Serve topped with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
If necessary, after combining ingredients in mixer, use a rubber spatula to smooth out any clumps in the batter. It's ok if there are some that still remain.