Banana Muffins made with oat bran and flecked with creamy peanut butter chips are worth waking up for in the morning. Try
Banana Oat Bran Peanut Butter Chip Muffins for breakfast this week!
After a long bike ride with my husband today, these banana peanut butter muffins were just what the doctor (er, my stomach) ordered.
I’m exhausted but I couldn’t wait to share this easy and delicious muffin recipe with all of you before bedtime. I still have dishes in the sink that are waiting to be done and THEN I’ll be off to bed.
Banana Peanut Butter Muffins
Banana + peanut butter = my idea of a perfect food (with or without chocolate)
These banana muffins are made with oat bran making them full of fiber and oh-so-good for you. By “you”, I mean not only your body but your taste buds!
(If it’s better-for-you banana bread you’re after, you might want to try Quinoa Banana Bread next!)
Every bite of these moist muffins is full of banana flavor and sweet creamy peanut butter chips that just about melt in your mouth. They are SO good! Perfect for refueling after a workout (or long bike ride!) or getting you going in the morning.
I think I might have to have one or two more for a midnight snack.
Oat Bran Muffins
Make these muffins in the morning. They’re yummy and they’ll make your body happy.
I’m happy– not only because of these muffins but because you’re here for me to share the recipe with! Again.
I thank you and I love you.
You. Complete. Me.
Now, back to the muffin baking!
Banana Muffin Recipe
I adapted this banana muffin recipe from my trusty Fannie Farmer Cookbook.
First, preheat your oven to 425 F and prepare the muffin tins. This recipe makes about 18 muffins so you can use either one 12-cup tin and a 6-cup tin, or bake in two batches with just the 12-cup tin.
If you opt to use the same pan, make sure you clean and re-grease the tin between batches!
In a small bowl, toss the peanut butter chips with the teaspoon of flour. Don’t skip this step! It helps keep the peanut butter chips from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
I like to pour gradually so that the wet ingredients distribute evenly over the oat bran.
Now we’re talking!
You don’t want to over mix the batter. It’ll result in tough muffins!
Fold in floured peanut butter chips.
Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling them about two-thirds full.
Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the tops are slightly golden. Let cool and enjoy!
How to Make the Best Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
I’ve found a few tips for making sure your muffins turn out perfectly every time.
- Tossing the peanut butter chips with flour helps prevent the chips from sinking to the bottom. Baking Tip: Use this same method when baking with dried fruits and berries!
- If you have empty cups in your muffin tin, fill them half way with water before baking. This helps the muffins bake more evenly!
- Banana muffins freeze super well. Store in a freezer safe bag and defrost at room temperature or the microwave.
Banana and Peanut Butter Recipes
Can’t get enough peanut butter and banana? Oh, you’ve come to the right blog. Try these other recipes that put two of my favorite ingredients together:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Banana Peanut Butter Chip Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
If you like a little (or a lot of) chocolate with your banana try. . .
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Banana Mocha Smoothie Bowl
- Banana Nutella Stuffed French Toast
- Nutella Swirl Banana Bundt Bread
Banana Oat Bran Muffins
I rate everything I make on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and these Banana Oat Bran Peanut Butter Chip Muffins earned 3 1/2 rolling pins. They were delicious with the oat bran and banana and made me feel like I was eating something REALLY healthy!
I like that.
Then the peanut butter chips. . . Oh, be STILL my heart!
They were such the perfect touch to complete the banana muffins.
Peanut butter and banana, it’s a winner. A match made in heaven.
A marriage that was meant to be. I think Elvis would agree.
Banana Oat Bran Peanut Butter Chip Muffins
With hearty oat bran, real banana and sweet peanut butter, these muffins may just become your new go-to breakfast treat.
Banana Oat Bran Peanut Butter Chip Muffins
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 tsp flour
- 2 cups oat bran
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbs canola oil
- ½ cup mashed banana I used 2 ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin (and a 6-cup tin, if you have it).
- In a small bowl, toss the peanut butter chips with the teaspoon of flour. This will help prevent the chips from sinking to the bottom.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together milk, egg whites, canola oil and mashed banana. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Fold in floured peanut butter chips.
Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling them about two-thirds full. Bake for 15 - 17 minutes until the tops are slightly golden. Let cool and enjoy!
If you like Banana Oat Bran Muffins, be sure to check out some of our other delicious muffin recipes.
- Banana Monkey Muffins
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Apple Streusel Muffins
- Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins
- Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- Peach Streusel Muffins
I give you BIG baking hugs and muffins!!