Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins – the texture and taste of a corn muffin with the great taste of those healthy and yummy blueberries.
SAVE THESE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
These Egg Muffins with Kale, Roasted Red Peppers, and Feta Cheese will be a great way to start any day of the week! They’d also be a super idea for a healthy and quick bite for those busy weekday mornings.
These Caramel Macchiato Chocolate Muffins sure do sound delicious! What a great way to combine two of my favorite things in the morning!
Looking for another fruit flavor? Make these Orange Muffins. You’re sure to see some smiles first thing when you make these!
I love regular cornmeal muffins, but the addition of the blueberries makes them super special. Who doesn’t love blueberries in their muffins?
It’s fun to include a batch of muffins in our weekend breakfasts. Everyone looks forward to what surprise will be on the table. I found this Skinny Lemon Muffins Recipe that I’m excited to make because I especially love anything lemon. The family will be lucky if I share. haha
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour set two teaspoons of this flour aside
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk I used 1 cup whole milk mixed with 1 tablespoon vinegar and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries If using frozen, be sure to thaw them well enough in advance and drain in a colander as they may turn your batter blue.
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin tray by coating it generously with butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk and butter.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, gently toss the blueberries with the two teaspoons of flour you've set aside. This will help to prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For a super breakfast, serve these Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins with…
Chocolate Croissant Baked French Toast
Some photos from the original post…