Soft, chewy blondies with chocolate chips are the perfect dessert bar! Learn how to make the best ever Chocolate Chip Blondies with this easy recipe!
These blondies are seriously swoon-worthy.
The fudgy consistency of brownies meets the flavor of the best Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Everyone needs a good chocolate chip blondie recipe!
SAVE THIS EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
The best part about these blondies, aside from how delicious they taste, is how easy they are to make. The blondie batter comes together in just one bowl with no fuss or mess.
After baking and cooling, they’re ready to slice, serve and devour!
What do I need?
Here’s everything you need to make blondies that’ll keep everything coming back for more:
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Not into walnuts? Feel free to leave them out if you prefer! Or swap them out for pecans or peanuts for a tasty alternative.
- Vanilla is the primary flavor in this blondies recipe and enhances the flavor of the chocolate chips. I strongly recommend that you use a high quality pure vanilla extract here, not imitation flavoring.
- Melted butter is best for blondies! It gives them a dense, yet soft, chewy texture.
- I use semi-sweet chocolate chips for blondies. Other kinds of chocolate chips like milk chocolate or white chocolate taste good in these chocolate chip blondies too!
Can these be frozen?
Blondies with chocolate chips are an amazing freezer friendly dessert. You can make a pan of blondies ahead of time, then slice them into bars to freeze for later. They keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months, so go ahead and make a double batch!
Freezing the blondies after slicing means you can thaw and eat however many you need at once without waste. I love keeping a few freezer bags of homemade blondies in the freezer so I always have a dessert to offer when company drops by.
Pro Tip: Place a sheet of wax paper between layers of blondies before putting them in the freezer. This keeps them from getting stuck together so it’s easier to remove the blondie bars one at a time.
When I’m not sure what kind of dessert to bring, I usually fall back on some kind of cookie or bar. If I don’t have time to chill dough or scoop cookies onto a baking sheet, bars are the way to go!
For an ultra rich, chocolatey bar, you can’t go wrong with these Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Brownies. The butter and brown sugar in the batter give them an authentic butterscotch flavor no one can resist.
When I’m craving something fruity, I’m all about Blueberry Almond Dream Bars or these Strawberry Cheesecake Bars. If you like bars with a cheesecake filling, you’ll adore these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars.
These Peanut Butter Brownies are technically blondies, so make sure to give those a try after you make today’s Chocolate Chip Blondies!
Making blondies for a special event or holiday? Use my M&M Valentine Blondies recipe and use any color of M&Ms to match the occasion.
Before you get ready to dig into a tray of freshly baked blondies, make sure to save these other great easy dessert ideas!
- Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- Peanut Butter Bread
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- Double Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Biscoff Toffee Bark
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie
- Banana Pudding Dream Bars
- Delta Bars
- Lemon Pudding
- No-Bake Blueberry Pie
Change up your blondies and add some chocolate chips and walnuts to them!
Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 Mixer
- 9 x 9-inch baking pan
- parchment paper optional
- cooking spray
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and prepare a 9 x 9-inch baking pan by spraying it lightly with cooking spray or lining it with a piece of parchment.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 45-60 seconds. Add the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir together until everything is combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips (and walnuts, if desired). Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, smoothing it out to the edges. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and walnuts on top of the dough.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.