This easy Pumpkin Bread recipe with cream cheese swirl is calling your name! Made with real pumpkin and spices, and a sweetened cream cheese layer, this Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread makes a perfect fall treat for breakfast or dessert.
We’re on a pumpkin kick because well, pumpkin season, y’all! Did you try these Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies yet?
SAVE THIS EASY CREAM CHEESE PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Today this beloved fall squash comes to you as a loaf of bread: Spiced Pumpkin Bread filled with cream cheese!
This bread looks like a regular loaf of pumpkin bread at first glance. But when you slice it open you’ll see the beautiful swirls of cream cheese, making an already delicious quick bread even better.
If you’ve ever tasted pumpkin bread or cake with cream cheese frosting, you know how perfect these two flavors are together. But instead of a tangy cream cheese icing, we baked the cream cheese right into the middle of the bread. The sweetened cream cheese tastes delicious in the sweet, lightly spiced bread.
A slice of this bread would make a perfect fall breakfast with your morning cup of coffee!
What do I need to make the best pumpkin cream cheese bread?
You will need this full list of ingredients to make this cream cheese filled pumpkin bread recipe.
For the cream cheese filling:
- Cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
For pumpkin bread batter:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking soda
- Cinnamon – Plus extra for the topping!
- Pumpkin puree – NOT pumpkin pie filling!
- Melted butter
- Turbinado sugar (aka “sugar in the raw”)
How do I make a moist pumpkin bread with cream cheese?
Start with the cream cheese filling. In a large bowl, and with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon on medium speed until combined Set iaside.
To make the bread batter, beat the eggs in a separate large mixing bowl. Mix in the the pumpkin, butter, and milk.
Now add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. No lumps of flour should be visible, but it’s important to not over mix.
Pour two-thirds of the batter into a prepared 9 X 5-inch loaf pan. Dollop the cream cheese mixture over the batter. I love using this offset spatula to spread the filling to the edges so it covers the entire loaf. Gently spread the remaining pumpkin batter over the cream cheese in the same manner.
Combine the rest of the cinnamon and Turbinado sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the bread before baking.
Heat oven to 350°F, and bake the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread for about 50 minutes. Let it cool completely before you slice, and serve. Better yet, after it’s cooled completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and let it sit overnight before slicing.
Easy Recipe Tips for Homemade Pumpkin Bread –
- Grease and flour your pan! Pumpkin bread sticks easily, so remembering this step will save you the disappointment of a ruined loaf.
- Or use parchment paper. Lining the bottom of your pan with parchment makes it easy to lift the baked pumpkin bread right out of the pan. I HIGHLY suggest doing this as turning the pan over to remove the whole loaf will result in a good amount of sugar falling off the top of the bread. I speak from experience. haha
- Storing: Store this bread well covered in the refrigerator. It freezes well too.
- Substitutions: Swap the three spices in the batter for a teaspoon of homemade pumpkin spice instead!
Pumpkin Recipes –
You’re going to love all the pumpkin spice flavor baked into this bread.
It’s not the only pumpkin recipe you need to make this fall!
Always have some homemade pumpkin pie spice on hand instead of buying it at the store. It’s super easy to make, too!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cake combines two of my favorite flavors in one cake. And you’ll want to spread this Pumpkin Spice Frosting on anything and everything.
Cheesecake meets pumpkin pie in these No Bake Pumpkin Dream Bars our readers rave over.
And this No-Bake Pumpkin Nutella Cheesecake is another favorite.
The spices are subtle in today’s recipe. So, if you’re looking for a pumpkin dessert where the flavors of pumpkin and fall flavors are front and center, go make a Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake. It smells so good while it’s baking and tastes even better!
Homemade Quick Bread Recipes
The spices in this pumpkin loaf are just as comforting as the flavors in this Chai Banana Bread recipe. It’s a nice variation on banana bread anytime of year.
Nothing beats the comfort of fresh homemade bread. We have so many other quick and easy bread recipes on the site to keep your oven busy all season long.
- Pineapple Bread
- Peanut Butter Bread
- Brown Butter Rum Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chips Banana Bread
- English Muffin Bread
- Blueberry Lemon Bread
- and Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread
From the rich cream cheese filling to the cinnamon sugar topping, the whole family will devour every crumb of this Cream Cheese Swirl Pumpkin Bread loaded with fall flavors and warm spices!
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup Turbinado or raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F., and generously butter a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan with butter or spray with a floured baking spray. Alternatively, you could line the baking pan with parchment to lift the bread straight out of the pan, so that the cinnamon sugar topping stays intact.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until completely smooth and well combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a small bowl, mix the raw sugar and ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, remaining 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Add the pumpkin, butter, and milk, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix until combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Top with dollops of the cream cheese mixture and gently spread to the edges with an offset spatula. Pour on the remaining batter, and spread to edges.
- Sprinkle the top with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean without any wet cake batter.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram and make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more recipes.
Leave A Reply!