Bacon Ranch Crackers are an easy snack packed with zesty cheesy flavor! Cheese Ritz Bits are oven baked with ranch seasoning and bacon bits in this 30 minute recipe. This is a great recipe for movie nights, and the perfect appetizer for your upcoming game days!
Today, we’re showing you how to turn ordinary snack crackers into extraordinary Bacon Ranch Crackers with just a few flavorful ingredients!
SAVE THIS EASY RANCH CRACKERS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
One warning first: These are the kind of crackers that are impossible to stop eating once you start. We’re talking crispy, crunchy and cheesy crackers with the addition of savory ranch flavors and the perfect hint of spice.
Did I mention bacon? Oh yeah, because bacon just makes everything better, especially cheesy buttery crackers!
If you’re wondering whether it’s worth it to make Bacon Ranch Crackers at home for your next party instead of just opening a package from the store, the answer is a resounding YES!
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this perfect snack and a few minutes of prep time to make these Bacon Ranch Ritz Bits. Then they bake to crispy perfection in just 20 minutes.
You’ll love munching on your homemade ranch crackers at holiday parties, on road trips and during family movie night. They’re a delicious topping for chilis, soups and stews too.
With so many delicious ways to enjoy these cheese crackers, you’ll always want to keep a jar or two on hand. Besides, they might just become your new favorite crackers!
What do I need for these bacon crackers?
You only need 6 simple ingredients for this easy ranch cracker recipe.
- Cheese Ritz Bits Crackers – One of the 8.8 oz boxes is the perfect amount.
- Ranch seasoning mix– Just the mix, do NOT make or use ranch dressing.
- Crispy bacon bits – Use REAL easy bacon bits for best results or you can cook your own bacon at home.
- Vegetable oil
- Garlic powder
- Ground red pepper
How do I make this deliciously quick snack recipe?
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 250° F.
Place the Ritz crackers in a large bowl and toss them with oil. Put the seasonings and bacon bits in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle over the butter crackers and toss to coat.
Spread the crackers out in a single layer on your baking sheet.
At this point, you’ll notice that many of the small pieces of bacon did not stick to the crackers. Take any bacon bits that slid off or were left behind in the bowl and scatter them over the crackers before baking.
Bake for 15 -20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy these yummy treats!
How can I store this delicious appetizer?
The baked cheese crackers taste amazing when they’re fresh and crispy from the oven. But you can definitely make them ahead of time to store for later.
Store the crackers in an air-tight container at room temperature. I use a ziptop bag. They stay good for several weeks, but they’re so difficult to resist that I guarantee they’ll be gone long before then.
You can never have too many snacks in your pantry! Especially during football and tailgate season.
I started making my own Cheese Crackers from scratch years ago. They’re so much more flavorful than the store bought kinds and surprisingly easy to make.
If you love sweet and salty snacks, you NEED to make this Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn. This Cookie Butter Snack Mix is another sweet and salty snack idea to try. For a cinnamon snack that’s a little on the “healthier” side of the spectrum, I love serving Cinnamon Pear Slices. The sprinkle of cinnamon turns plain slices of fruit into a special treat.
Favorite Easy Appetizers
Today’s Bacon Ranch Crackers are the perfect party appetizer to serve your guests while they wait for dinner.
If you’re serving these as an appetizer, you’ll want to add a few heartier options to the menu, too. Make a batch of this Breaded Baked Ravioli or a Buffalo Chicken Cream Cheese Ball and you’re good to go!
We have so many appetizer recipes and game day ideas here on the blog. I know you’ll find the perfect one for any occasion, whether you’re hosting an elegant dinner party or a backyard barbecue.
- Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos – our family favorite!
- Quick and Simple Cheese Fondue
- Garlic Edamame
- Tater Tot Nachos
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches
- Chicken Taco Dip
- Pepperoni Bread
- Cucumber Sandwiches
Easy to make and difficult to resist, Bacon Ranch Crackers are a hit with the whole family!
Bacon Ranch Crackers
- 8.8 ounces Cheese Ritz Bits crackers
- 1 tablespoon Ranch seasoning
- 3 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 250° F, and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment or aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ranch seasoning, bacon bits, garlic powder, and red pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the crackers with the oil. Add the seasoning mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet. Many of the bacon bits will not stick to the crackers when you transfer them from the bowl to the baking sheet, so it will be necessary to scatter them over the crackers before baking them. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.