Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches – Sweet Hawaiian rolls, ham, Swiss cheese with poppy seeds, mustard spread make these perfect for your Game Day entertaining!
Every time I make these Ham and Cheese Sandwiches, I’m amazed at how easy they are to make and how very delicious they are.
I originally found this recipe from Jenni at Pastry Chef Online when it came up in my Facebook news feed. They looked so incredibly good with the poppy seeds oozing out the sides and the melted cheese! I’ve also got a soft spot for a warm ham and cheese, so I knew I just had to make them.
We ate them during halftime of last year’s Superbowl and immediately decided that they’ll be a staple to our yearly football gathering. Enjoyed alone or alongside a batch of Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip and plenty of chips, they’re complete showstoppers.
Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
You might be thinking. . . “Who needs a recipe for a ham and cheese sandwich? Isn’t it just ham and cheese on bread?”
Oh, but THESE party sandwiches are so much more! The recipe calls for big fluffy King Hawaiian Sweet Rolls that not only look wonderful but taste amazing paired with the other ingredients.
The Hawaiian rolls are spread with an incredibly tasty mixture of butter, mustard, poppy seeds with onion and Worcestershire sauce.
Then you layer honey baked ham slices and cheese onto the rolls before baking them in the oven. The cheese gets ooey-gooey and the warm butter mixture oozes out over the sides of the rolls. These are not your ordinary ham sandwiches!
I’m making Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches for Sunday’s games too because I don’t want to wait until the Superbowl to eat these babies! They’re SO good!
A platter of these is perfect for a party of any kind, football related or not. They’re hearty, flavorful and just plain delicious.
Find out what other talented bloggers around the web are making for Game Day…
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches from RecipeGirl
7 Layer Dip from Gimme Some Oven
Sriracha Honey Slow Cooker Meatballs from The Slow Roasted Italian
Pigs in Pretzel Blankets from Just a Little Bite
Sweet Potato Bites with Avocado and Bacon from Well Plated by Erin
Easy Spicy Sausage Cheese Balls from Mom on Timeout
Easy Sandwich Recipes
For more easy sandwich meal ideas, also check out my Crockpot BBQ Root Beer Shredded Chicken Sandwiches and Avocado Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps, too!
Here’s a video I made of me putting them together!
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY
365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP
TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS,
SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 2½ tablespoons prepared yellow mustard NOT Dijon
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 12 package King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 9 ounces package thinly sliced brown sugar ham about 12-15 slices
- 7 ounces package sliced Swiss cheese about 10 slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mash together the butter, mustard, poppy seeds, onion and Worcestershire sauce until it is well combined and thick.
- Remove the rolls from the carton in one piece. Using a long knife and keeping the rolls together, slice them in half horizontally.
- On the cut portion of the rolls, spread half of the butter mixture on each.
- Place the ham slices evenly over the bottom portion of the rolls.
- Cover the ham with the slices of Swiss cheese, distributed evenly.
- Place the top portion of the rolls onto the base and return the contents to the carton. They can be baked either in the carton or on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until warm and the cheese has nicely melted. Cover with tin foil if the top is browning too quickly.
I honestly don’t think I’ll be able to hold off until next year to make them again. Ham and Cheese sliders are so quick, easy and delicious that this will be a great dinner for a busy weekday during the rest of the year. I also know that the family won’t argue when I put these in front of them, and that’s always a plus, right?
Thanks again to Miss Jenni at Pastry Chef Online for the recipe! It’s a keeper!!
If you like this idea for Game Day, you’ll love these…
All my favorite taco fillings braided together and baked inside a crispy dough. So good and perfect for sharing!
We’re big on our game day recipes around here! Check out this post for a run down on some of my all time best tailgating and game day recipe ideas.
A superbowl party or tailgate needs a good dessert, too. These mini football treats are so much fun!