Strawberry Nutella Crepes turn any day into a special occasion! Stuffed with Nutella and dusted with powdered sugar, serve these strawberry crepes for both breakfast or dessert.
They’re perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or any special occasion!
My love language is crepes. Specifically, homemade crepes.
I love the delicate, melt-in-your mouth pancakes with all kinds of fillings, from the sweet to the savory. These Lemon Crepes are one of my most requested brunch creations, especially for a sunny spring day.
When you need a truly decadent dessert crepe, today’s Strawberry Nutella Crepes are perfection. Made from scratch, then filled with Nutella and sliced strawberries, they’re bursting with sweetness and juicy berry flavor.
SAVE THIS EASY STRAWBERRY CREPES RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD
I think of these as dessert crepes but don’t let that stop you from serving them for breakfast! Wake up your special someone with a batch of homemade Strawberry Crepes on Valentine’s Day, their birthday or “just because.” I guarantee you’ll make their day!
What do I need?
To make crepes with strawberries and Nutella, you’ll need:
- vanilla extract
- melted butter
- Nutella spread
- powdered sugar – This is optional for topping the finished crepes, but delicious!
Do I need a crepe pan?
You don’t need a crepe pan to make great crepes at home. I tested this Strawberry Nutella Crepes recipe in both a crepe pan and a stove top non-stick skillet. The crepes came out perfectly both ways.
How do you make them?
You don’t need to be an expert chef to make these crepes. It’s a simple method that anyone can master with a little patience.
It may take a little practice, but don’t give up! I guarantee you that you’ll become a pro and then wonder why it took you so long to make these thin pancakes.
- Make the batter. I use a strong blender to get the perfect consistency with no lumps.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes. Giving the gluten time to relax is the secret for light and fluffy crepes.
- Cook in the skillet. Make one crepe at a time. Cook each one until it’s golden brown on both sides.
How to fold crepes with filling:
Place the cooked and slightly cooled crepe flat on a plate. Spread the bottom half of the round crepe with Nutella. Arrange sliced strawberries over the top half.
Fold the Nutella half of the crepe over the strawberries. Now fold it in half again to make a triangular wedge. It’s ready to serve with all your desired toppings!
These Strawberry Nutella Crepes look gorgeous dusted with powdered sugar and garnished with more sliced strawberries. If you have extra Nutella, feel free to melt it in the microwave and drizzle it on top too.
A little strawberry syrup or chocolate sauce wouldn’t be a bad idea as an alternative to the powdered sugar topping either. Any combination of strawberry and chocolate is welcome on my plate!
Speaking of chocolate and strawberries, I can’t let Valentine’s Day go by without reminding you to make a batch of these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Dream Bars. If you prefer a less rich but equally delicious strawberry dessert, you will adore this Strawberries Lenox recipe.
Everyone raves about these Easy Strawberry Scones. Perfect for breakfast, tea time or an anytime snack!
Strawberries aren’t only for desserts and pastries, of course. This Strawberry Spinach Salad has been one of my go-to light lunches for years. It’s fresh and flavorful on its own or paired with some grilled chicken.
We all know someone who lives for Nutella–the creamy addictively-delicious spread made from chocolate and hazelnuts. Here are a few more recipes that’ll make any Nutella lover very happy indeed.
- 2-Ingredient Nutella Cinnamon Rolls
- No Bake Nutella Snickers Pie
- Nutella Swirl Banana Bundt Bread
- No-Bake Pumpkin Nutella Cheesecake
- Orange Nutella Palmiers
- Banana Nutella Stuffed French Toast
- Fluffernutter Nutella Crescents
- Banana Nutella Puffs
- Nutella Pull Apart Bread
Treat yourself or someone you love to these crepes with strawberries and Nutella. Easy to make and impossible to resist!
Strawberry Nutella Crepes
- 1 long sheet wax paper or parchment
- 1 whisk
- 1 sandwich bag for drizzling Nutella
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk more may be necessary if you find the batter is too thick, add two tablespoons at a time and whisk well. DO NOT MAKE BATTER TOO THIN.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ¾ cup Nutella can use more if you'd like for filling the crepes, plus two tablespoons for drizzling
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Place a long sheet of wax paper on a clean counter or table close to the stove. Transfer the crepes to the paper once cooked to cool.
- Place all ingredients plus ONLY one tablespoon of melted butter in a blender and mix until well combined, scraping the sides to incorporate all flour.
- Cover and let batter rest for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Heat a crepe pan or 8-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly brush with the remaining melted butter.
- Using a scant 1/4 cup of batter, pour into the pan. Use a tilt and swirl method to evenly cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 1 minute before circling the pan with a rounded-edge hard spatula to loosen the browning edges. It will be ready to flip soon after that.
- Gently guide the spatula under the crepe and flip. Cook for an additional 30 seconds – 1 minute until completely cooked through and slightly golden. Transfer to the wax paper to cool.
- Place a crepe onto a plate and spread a tablespoon (or more) onto the bottom half of the crepe. Add some sliced strawberries and fold the top half of the crepe over the strawberries. Fold the crepe in half again. Place on serving plate.
- Place two tablespoons of Nutella into a small microwaveable bowl, and heat for 10-15 seconds so the Nutella is soft. Pour into the sandwich bag and cut a small tip off the corner and use as a piping bag to drizzle over the top of the crepes.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with additional sliced strawberries.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram and make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more recipes.
Leave A Reply!