Cinnamon Crunch Cheesecake is packed with the decadent flavors of a cinn-a-bun! Topped with a crunchy cinnamon crumb and a drizzle of caramel, this easy cheesecake recipe delivers crowd pleasing results!
Who among us can resist the aroma of a fresh baked cinnamon roll?
I use cinnamon buns as my inspiration for all kinds of recipes. Remember this Cinnamon Roll Layer Cake and these Cinnamon Roll Muffins?
Today, we’re bringing all of that cinnamon sugar goodness to another classic dessert: Cheesecake!
SAVE THIS CINNAMON ROLL CHEESECAKE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
This Cinnamon Crunch Cheesecake takes an easy cheesecake base and packs it with cinnamon roll flavor. To make the cinnamon roll cheesecake even more indulgent, I added a luscious swirl of caramel on top.
If you’re looking for a dessert to make jaws drop, this cinnamon cheesecake is just the ticket!
Ingredients for Cinnabon Cheesecake
For the cheesecake crust, you will need:
- spice cookie crumbs
- brown sugar
For the filling:
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- cookie crumbs (the same ones you used for the crust)
And for finishing touch:
- cinnamon sugar
- caramel sauce
- more cookie crumbs!
What kind of cookies are best in this cheesecake crust?
We use iced oatmeal cookies crushed into crumbs. It makes every bite taste like a frosted cinnamon roll. You can use any spiced cookies you like or even cinnamon graham crackers!
How do you store this cinnamon cheesecake?
Cinnamon Crunch Cheesecake should be stored covered in the refrigerator. It tastes best served cold, straight from the fridge!
Can I make this cinnamon crunch cheesecake as bars instead?
Yes, this recipe works as cheesecake bars too! Just add the crust and filling to a square or rectangular baking dish instead.
Once cooled and chilled, slice into squares and serve!
More Tips and Tricks
- Drizzle each slice of cheesecake with more caramel sundae topping before serving!
- The center of the cheesecake should look a bit soft and jiggly when it comes out of the oven. It will continue setting as it cools and chills overnight.
- Don’t forget to spray your springform pan with baking spray to make it easier to remove from the baked cheesecake.
Easy Cheesecake Recipes
Fun fact: this was the first cheesecake recipe I ever made back in the early days of this blog!
After that first cheesecake endeavor, I branched out to explore the wide world of cheesecake flavors! Check out these other beginner-friendly cheesecake recipes next.
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Nutella Cheesecake
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Cinnamon lovers, you’ve come to the right place. Make your house smell amazing by baking up some of these cinnamon-sugar packed treats.
- Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Cinnamon Sugar Palmiers
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Scones
- Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Pancake
- Apple Cinnamon Sweet Rolls
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Cinnamon sugar and caramel make this Cinnamon Crunch Cheesecake the best! Delicious flavor, beautiful presentation and, best of all, easy enough for beginner cheesecake bakers to make!
Cinnamon Crunch Cheesecake
- 1 Mixer
- 1 9-inch springform pan
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 Offset spatula
For the crust
- 1 ½ cups iced oatmeal cookies finely crushed into crumbs
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
For the filling
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely crushed cookies same cookies as used in the crust
- ¼ cup caramel sundae topping
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF and place a pan of water on the bottom rack.Mix together the cinnamon sugar ingredients and set aside.
- Mix together cookie crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of an 9-inch spring form pan. Then spray the sides of the pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, combine cream cheese, sugar and sour cream and beat on medium speed until smooth approximately 4-5 minutes, scraping down the sides and also bottom of the bowl at least twice during the process.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and flour and beat on medium speed until thoroughly combined, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon 1/3 of the filling into the pan and sprinkle 1/3 of the cookie crumbs. on top. Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the whole layer.
- Repeat layers two more times until all ingredients have been used.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cheesecake pulls away from the sides about 2 inches and is slightly wiggly in the middle. Turn the oven off, leaving the door slightly open and allow the cheesecake to cool enough so that it can be removed from the oven with the use of oven mitts.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate overnight. Slice and drizzle with more caramel sauce if desired before serving. Enjoy!
This post was originally published 6/28/11. It has been updated in format and with pictures on 1/13/21