Instant Pot Pizza Soup is two comfort foods in one! Pepperoni, cheese and Italian herbs come together in a hearty soup in this easy Instant Pot recipe. Perfect for busy weeknights!
A soup that tastes like pizza!
What’s not to love?
SAVE THIS INSTANT POT SOUP RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
When you’re craving pizza but don’t have time to bake one from scratch, this simple soup recipe is the answer.
Pizza Soup is easier than making a whole pizza pie with all the flavors you crave on your favorite pepperoni pizza. And tastes worlds better than a takeout or frozen pizza!
Step away from the stove because this Pepperoni Pizza Soup recipe cooks in the Instant Pot. You’ll love not having to wash a zillion dishes or stand over a hot stove to get dinner on the table. Just saute a few veggies right in the Instant Pot, add the rest of the soup ingredients and let the Instant Pot do its thing.
That’s reason enough to give this pizza soup recipe a try! But I haven’t even gotten to the best part yet: the taste.
Instant Pot Pizza Soup is brimming with fresh tomato basil flavor that perfectly complements all the pepperoni, cheese and mushrooms. A single bowl of pizza soup is just as satisfying as a slice of pizza. Especially when you serve it with a side of Garlic Breadsticks!
What do I need?
The ingredients for pizza soup look similar to a list of pizza toppings!
- Green pepper
- Diced canned tomatoes
- Beef Broth
- Basil leaves
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
The most time consuming part of this Instant Pot soup recipe is chopping the pepper, onion and mushrooms. Even that only takes a couple of minutes. I buy my mushrooms already sliced to make getting pizza soup on the table even easier.
Can I make this on the stove?
Yes, this Pizza Soup recipe works just as well on the stove top.
To convert the Instant Pot recipe to stove top:
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and peppers. Saute for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the cheese and fresh basi) to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to bring the soup to a simmer. Let simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with freshly shredded mozzarella cheese and basil before serving.
Things to Serve with Pizza Soup
I love this soup best with some kind of bread on the side to turn it into a complete meal.
Like I mentioned before, these Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks are always a hit with pizza soup! For a a cheesier option, serve the soup with a basket of Parmesan Bread Bite or some Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
All the hearty flavors in Pizza Soup call for something fresh and light on the side too. Toss together your favorite salad greens with some Homemade Italian Dressing and you have a balanced meal that checks all the boxes.
How to Store Pizza Soup
This Instant Pot Soup keeps well stored in the fridge for about 5 days. Reheat soup in the microwave or on the stove top before serving.
You can also freeze Pizza Soup for longer storage! It’ll stay good frozen for up to 3 months. For best results, thaw frozen soup overnight before heating and serving. This keeps the vegetables from getting soggy.
Easy Dinner Recipes
Everyone needs a few quick and easy meal ideas in their kitchen toolbox! Try these other delicious recipes that make it easy to get a homemade dinner on the table, even during life’s busy seasons.
- Pepperoni Bread
- One Pot Bacon and Tortellini Zuppa Toscana
- Easy Meatball Sub Sandwiches
- BBQ Pork Mac & Cheese
- Chicken Parmesan Spinach Pasta Bake
- Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
- Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
- Chicken Taco Salad
- One Pot Sausage Linguine
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili Verde
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
Make pizza soup in the Instant Pot or on the stove for a hearty meal the whole family will love!
Instant Pot Pizza Soup
- Instant Pot
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 ¼ cups sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ lb. pepperoni can be cut into smaller pieces, if desired.
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 ½ cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Press sauté on the Instant Pot, and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes until softened. Cancel sauté mode.
- Add the mushrooms, pepperoni, can of tomatoes, beef broth, oregano, salt and pepper. Close the lid and place the valve in sealing mode. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Note: it will take about 20 minutes for the pressure to rise and start cooking.
- Carefully release the pressure immediately, and then carefully open the lid. Stir. Add more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve garnished with chopped basil and shredded mozzarella.