Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake brings together rich chocolate and juicy cherries in one easy dessert recipe. Only four ingredients and one baking pan needed!
If you love chocolate covered cherries, you need this easy cake recipe in your life!
Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake might just be the ultimate dessert for lazy days.
SAVE THIS EASY DUMP CAKE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Making a dump cake doesn’t even require a mixing bowl. You just dump everything in the pan (thus, the name) and pop it in the oven. No bowls or mixers means fewer dishes. Which means more time to kick back and enjoy CAKE!
This easy Cherry Dump Cake comes out super moist and chocolate-y. You’ll love the rich cocoa taste with the burst of cherry flavor in every bite. We added extra chocolate chips for that extra decadent, ooey-gooey touch.
Chocolate Dump Cake is incredible on its own, but even better topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
What do I need?
Technically, you can make this dump cake with just 3 ingredients!
- Chocolate cake mix – We used Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil’s Food cake mix.
- Cherry pie filling
If you want more chocolate goodness, do what we did and add some chocolate chips to the cake too. It’s so worth it!
Dump Cake Tips
- Grease your pan. I like to brush a little room temperature butter over the bottom of the baking dish before adding the dump cake ingredients. The inside of the butter wrapper is perfect for this. Baking spray or a little canola oil works well too.
- Adding chocolate chips. If you’re making chocolate cherry dump cake with chocolate chips, sprinkle them over the cherry pie filling BEFORE adding the chocolate cake mix. They’ll soften into the cherries perfectly as the dump cake bakes.
- Don’t mix the ingredients together. After sprinkling on the chocolate chips and cake mix, cover the top with pats of softened butter. It’ll melt into the cake mix to form a nice crust on top.
Can dump cake be made ahead of time?
Yes, that’s one of my favorite things about this recipe for dump cake. Cherry Chocolate Dump cake can be made up to 3 days in advance! It tastes amazing both fresh from the oven or a few days later.
Does chocolate dump cake need to be refrigerated?
If you are serving this cherry dump cake the same day you bake it, there’s no need to refrigerate it. Just leave it on the counter until dessert time.
For longer storage, the cake should be kept covered in the refrigerator. Enjoy within 3 -4 days for best taste.
Chocolate and Cherry Desserts
I’ll never turn down a dessert that brings together this winning combination of flavors.
No Bake Cherry Hot Chocolate Cheesecake is another easy dessert recipe that impresses even the most tough-to-please dinner guest. You don’t even need to turn on the oven!
That cheesecake was inspired by this Chocolate Covered Cherry Hot Chocolate, a perfect cozy beverage for those cold winter nights. Serve them with a batch of Dark Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies for an easy dessert or late night snack.
Looking for a decadent pastry you can serve for a special occasion brunch? You’ll love this Cherry and Dark Chocolate Galette. It’s even easier to make than you might think! Don’t forget about these Chocolate Cherry Pancakes, and Chocolate Cherry Crinkles, too.
Easy Dessert Recipes
Looking for more dessert recipes that are easy enough for anyone to make? Try these other delicious ideas. No special skills required to wow your friends and family with incredibly tasty homemade desserts!
- No Bake Oreo Pie
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2-Ingredient Nutella Cinnamon Rolls
- Blueberry Crumb Cake Recipe
- No Bake Turtle Dream Bars
- Cake Batter Krispie Bars
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- Apple Cream Pie
- No-Bake Blueberry Pie
- Skillet Blueberry Crisp
When in doubt: make a dump cake! It couldn’t be any easier.
Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake delivers irresistible chocolate-cherry flavor with just 5 minutes of effort, 4 ingredients and no mess to clean up!
Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- 9 X 13-inch baking dish
- silicone spatula
- Offset spatula
- 42 ounces cherry pie filling (2) 21 ounce cans
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional
- 15.25 ounces Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil’s food cake mix can use any chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter cut in ¼-inch or smaller slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking or baking spray.
- Pour both cans of the cherry pie filling into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the cherries.
- Evenly sprinkle the cake mix over the chocolate chips and cherries. Gently spread to all sides of the pan using an offset spatula or knife.
- Distribute the slices of butter evenly over the top of the cake mix. Do not mix the ingredients.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a nice crust is formed on the top.