Cranberry Ginger Pistachio Sugar Cookies – a simple and easy sugar cookie filled with the flavors of fresh cranberries, crystallized ginger, and chopped pistachios. This will be a colorful and delicious cookie to include in your cookie exchange or in your kid’s lunch boxes.
We’re on to Day 6!
Today, I’m going to be a woman of few words. It doesn’t happen often as you may well know.
For other great cookie recipes, check out…
Cranberry Orange Cookies from Glorious Treats
Cranberry Walnut Swirls from Good Dinner Mom
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies from 365 Days of Baking and More
Sprinkled Sugar Cookies from Just Add Sprinkles
Nutella Stuffed Sugar Cookies from Homemade Hooplah
A great video from Bon Appétit on How to Make Lavender Shortbread, the Loveliest Holiday Dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups + 6 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour and mix on lowest speed until just blended.
- Mix in the cranberries, pistachios and crystallized ginger until thoroughly combined.
- On a clean, lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into two logs about 1 1/2 to 2-inches in diameter.
- Wrap both logs in plastic wrap and chill for several hours in refrigerator until firm.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut into slices about 1/4-inch thick and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until firm, but not browned.
If you like these cookies then you’ll love…