Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies – that old-time favorite oatmeal cookie made for chocolate lovers with the addition of cocoa and dark chocolate chips!
WHY did I never think of adding chocolate to my oatmeal cookies before this???!!
I mean, REALLY! Chocolate in anything is good but in an oatmeal cookie?!
SAVE THIS OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
I’m posting this recipe as the first installment to a wonderful new group that I’ve joined with some pretty sensational bloggers called ‘Cookie of the Month’!
We are a group of bloggers who have gotten together to bring our fantastic readers one cookie recipe a month. This cookie recipe has to contain a certain ingredient and we need to come up with a recipe using it.
This month…no, it wasn’t chocolate. It was oatmeal!
Be sure to check out the other incredible oatmeal cookie recipes from…
Jen’s Favorite Cookies – Oatmeal Cut Out Cookies
Bake or Break – Cherry-White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Crumb: A Food Blog – Lemon Oatmeal Creme Cookies
I’m excited to see what next month brings. The group was started by Jennifer of Jen’s Favorite Cookies and you’ll be able to see what she and other bloggers have made by clicking the links below! This month is a little sparse because of the holidays and all, January 5th came up REAL quick like!
Next month we’ll have plenty of yummy cookies for you to drool over.
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together, about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating just until combined.
- Mix in the oats.
- Mix in the dark chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until set.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you like these Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, you’ll enjoy…
I sometimes rate things I make on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies earned 3 1/2 rolling pins! I just really cannot believe I haven’t made these before now.
Well, I suppose there’s a right time for everything and these wonderful cookies weren’t supposed to be a part of my life until now, so there you go.
This recipe has been shared at the link party, Time To Sparkle #94 at Inside BruCrew Life! Check all of the incredible recipes and ideas shared from other bloggers there!