These delicious spiked Bourbon Toffee Cookies have the perfect balance of bourbon flavor with your favorite toffee candy and nuts. If you’re a bourbon lover, enjoy one of these at the end of a long day for a special treat!
When you take a bite of these cookies, you’ll get a little punch of bourbon, followed by the sweet and nutty flavor of the cookie base. Don’t worry- the bourbon isn’t overwhelming at all, just incredibly flavorful.
Welcome to Day 10 of our 12 Days of Cookies!
Take a look at the holiday cookies we’ve been sharing!
Day 1 – Copycat Crumbl Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
Day 2 – Linzer Cookies
Day 3 – Chocolate Dipped Orange Cookies
Day 4 – Turtle Tassies
Day 5 – Fruity Pebbles Cookies
Day 6 – Brownie Mix Cookies
Day 7 – Cornflake Wreaths
Day 8 – Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Day 9 – Pizzelles
Day 10 – You’re on it!
Day 11 – Peppermint Gooey Bars
Day 12 – Chocolate Cherry Thumbprints
SAVE THIS BOURBON TOFFEE COOKIE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
What is Toffee?
Toffee is a candy made by caramelizing sugar with butter. The mixture is heated until it reaches the hard crack stage, so it is hard and crunchy. Toffee is usually broken up and served in pieces.
Toffee candy is often combined with chocolate. You can buy toffee chips at your local grocery store, with popular brands like Heath and Skor. Or try making your own with this recipe for Condensed Milk Toffee!
Bourbon Toffee Cookie Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make these tasty toffee treats:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Granulated sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 large egg
- Pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces of toffee chips
- ½ cup pecan pieces, chopped small
What kind of bourbon should I use for these bourbon cookies?
It’s a great idea to choose a bourbon with a sweeter flavor profile to add a richer, syrupy taste to your cookies as they bake. You can check out this list of the 15 Best Bourbon Brands for Cooking and see if your favorite made the list! Of course, feel free to use whatever bourbon you have on hand- no need to go out and buy anything special.
I used Four Roses as that’s one we had on hand.
How to make Bourbon Toffee Cookies
In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and well combined, about 2 minutes. Add the melted butter, bourbon, egg, and vanilla and mix thoroughly. The batter should be smooth and creamy.
Before continuing, be sure to scrape the bottom of the mixing bowl to make sure everything is blended.
Gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Again, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl before adding the toffee chips and pecans and mix until blended. Cover the bowl and place the cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least two hours to chill.
Using a medium cookie scoop or 2 tablespoons of dough, place scoops onto prepared cookie sheet(s) about two inches apart. Bake cookies for 12 – 15 minutes or until just slightly golden. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
–Note– I have not tested these variations. However, they are popular additions others have tried with their cookies!
You can experiment with these cookies if you want to spruce them up even more, though they are one of my favorite cookies baked as written!
- Try using browned butter in the recipe. Simply melt your butter in a saucepan over medium heat (the most important thing for even cooking), then continue stirring for 5-8 minutes as the butter cooks until golden brown and fragrant. Then continue on in the recipe as written.
- Add chocolate chips for an extra sweet flavor.
- Replace half of the sugar with light brown sugar for a little more caramel-like flavor.
How to store leftover cookies
These cookies are best stored at room temperature in an airtight container. To keep them soft, I recommend putting a slice of bread
They also freeze well! Store them in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Let thaw to room temperature before serving them.
Could I make these Bourbon Toffee cookies ahead of time?
This cookie dough freezes perfectly! Make the dough as directed and scoop it into balls. Freeze the dough balls until firm on the cookie sheet, then transfer them to a freezer bag for storage.
You can bake these from frozen by just adding a few extra minutes to the bake time, or just thaw to room temperature and bake as directed.
Do you want to try toffee in some other delicious recipes? This cookie butter pairs perfectly with the toffee flavor in our Biscoff Toffee Bark. Or try peanut butter with toffee in this Peanut Butter Toffee recipe.
Do you prefer toffee in your cookies? You’ve got to try these Double Chocolate Toffee Cookies or these even more rich Triple Chocolate Caramel Toffee Cookies. For a fun cookie bar, try baking these Toffee Coconut Oatmeal Bars.
If you love a touch of alcohol in your treats, you’ll love these No-Bake Bourbon Balls. Make this Bailey’s Mousse for a little bit lighter (but still decadent) treat. For a tropical treat, try these Pina Colada Cupcakes. For just a dash of liqueur, try Irish Cream Dream Bars or our Easy Tiramisu Poke Cake.
~ FOLLOW ME on SOCIAL MEDIA ~
~ FACEBOOK ~ PINTEREST ~
~ INSTAGRAM ~ TWITTER ~
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY
365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
Keep an eye out for my newest recipes!
With a delicious blend of bourbon, toffee, and pecans these cookies are ones everyone will remember.
Bourbon Toffee Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces toffee chips
- ½ cup pecan pieces chopped small
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet or sheets with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, bourbon, egg, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Batter should be smooth and creamy. Before continuing, be sure to scrape the bottom of the mixing bowl to make sure everything is blended.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients until just combined. Again, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl before adding the toffee chips and pecans. Mix until blended. Cover the bowl and place into the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or 2 tablespoons of dough, place scoops onto prepared cookie sheet(s) about two inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 12 – 15 minutes or until just slightly golden. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.