This Condensed Milk Toffee with chopped almonds is an easy sweet, chewy treat. There’s a touch of crunch, chewiness and chocolate in every bite. Made with Truly Grass Fed Ghee, it’s a delicious treat that will make a great gift for family and friends.
I absolutely love, love, LOVE toffee!!
I am proud to be partnering with Truly Grass Fed to promote their Clarified Butter. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
I’ve always been a fan of the crunchy toffee bars covered in chocolate.
But when given a choice between a caramel and a hard candy bar, the chewy will always win.
Save this Toffee Recipe with Condensed Milk to your favorite Pinterest board.
So you can imagine how excited I was to make this toffee recipe that’s CHEWY!!
And I think they’re even more delicious when eaten right out of the fridge as opposed to room temperature.
This isn’t just your regular toffee, either.
It’s made with Truly Grass-Fed Ghee Clarified Butter!
What is Ghee?
Ghee is pretty gosh darn delicious.
It is clarified butter that has had all water removed after it has been simmered and strained.
Removing the water gives the ghee a higher smoke point than butter making it perfect for use in sautéing, baking, roasting and more.
It is shelf-stable so it doesn’t need to be refrigerated, but does best when stored in a cool, dry place.
Imported from Ireland, the milk for Truly Grass Fed products comes from about 3,000 farms located all over the beautiful, fertile country.
Truly Grass Fed farmers are committed to using the best animal welfare and sustainability practices for their herds and each farm is Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW (A Greener World, AWA).
This independent nonprofit farm-certification program guarantees that animals are raised outdoors on pasture on independent farms their entire lives, using truly sustainable, high welfare farming practices.
Happy cows make delicious milk!
And that milk is always non-GMO, growth hormone rBST-free and antibiotic free.
You’ll find lots of delicious flavor in all Truly Grass Fed products such as natural sharp cheddar cheese, natural aged cheddar cheese, naturally creamy butter salted, and naturally creamy butter unsalted.
How do I make this toffee with ghee?
- Place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet and spread some Truly Grass Fed Ghee all over it.
- Begin by toasting the almonds.
Preheat the oven to 350°F, and place the sliced almonds onto a baking sheet. Bake for about 4-6 minutes, until nicely toasted. Chop into smaller pieces.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, combine the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and Truly Grass Fed Ghee over medium heat.
Continue to cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula.
As it boils, the mixture will begin to thicken and stick together.
Keep stirring so that it doesn’t burn.
- Once solidified and sticking together, pour onto the prepared parchment, and spread so that it is about a half inch thick.
Don’t worry, you do not need to spread it all the way to the sides of the pan.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir, and melt again in 10 second increments, stirring in between until completely smooth and melted. Pour over the toffee, and spread to the edges with a knife or spatula.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds all over the top.
- Place into the refrigerator to set for at least an hour.
- I recommend using a pizza cutter to slice into squares. It worked much better than a knife.
- Store in a tightly sealed container.
Condensed Milk Toffee
- non-stick skillet
- Baking Sheet
- parchment paper or tin foil
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon Truly Grass Fed Ghee plus additional for parchment
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F., and spread the almonds onto a baking sheet. Toast the almonds for about 4-6 minutes, being careful not to burn. Chop the almonds into small pieces.
- Line a cool baking sheet with a piece of parchment, and coat it with some Truly Grass Fed Ghee. This will prevent the toffee from sticking to the paper.
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, combine the condensed milk, the tablespoon of Truly Grass Fed Ghee, and vanilla. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula for about 12-14 minutes. At about the 10-12 minute mark, it will become more solid and will darken a bit more as it cooks.
- Put the mixture onto the parchment, and spread so that it is about a half inch in thickness.
- Place the chocolate chips into a microwavable safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds. Stir and cook in 10 minute increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Pour onto toffee, and spread with a spatula or knife. Sprinkle chopped almonds over the top.
- Place into refrigerator to cool for at least an hour before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
I’m looking forward to using Truly Grass Fed Ghee in many of my other recipes.
It will be a delicious addition to my Grandma’s Griddle Cakes and slathered all over slices of her Easy Homemade Italian Bread, too!
It’s going to be a delicious addition to my Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta, and you can bet I’ll be using it come summer to make those lobster rolls the family has been bugging me to put up on the blog.
Now I want muffins slathered with ghee!!