Bailey’s Mousse is a super easy dessert made with Bailey’s Irish Cream, heavy whipping cream, Greek yogurt, and sugar. It is a recipe that’s perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration, when you want an easy weeknight dessert or something special for a dinner party.
If there’s one thing I absolutely love about the holidays, it’s dessert.
And desserts for St. Patrick’s Day are no exception.
Slowly but surely we’re building our selection of St. Patrick’s Day desserts here on the 365 blog.
Like marshmallows? These St. Patrick’s Day Marshmallows are super cute, and easy to make. They’re just going to take a little bit of time, but will be well worth it.
SAVE THIS EASY MOUSSE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Bark recipes are easy to make and so much fun because you can add so many different ingredients to them. This Lucky Charms Bark Recipe, has those marshmallows we all love from Lucky Charms cereal. You can make it extra special by adding some alphabet cookies to it, too!
One of my favorites things to serve on March 17th is my Irish Cream Dream Bars. This no bake recipe is an easy dessert with layer of Bailey’s deliciousness. A shortbread cookie crust, chocolate pudding, an Irish Cream Cheesecake, and whipped topping with Bailey’s in it, too. Sprinkle it with some chocolate curls and you’ve got one dessert that everyone will fall in love with!
Need more ideas? I’ve got a collection of more than 25 St. Patrick’s Day Desserts to choose from, too!
Oh, and remember to serve your own Homemade Bailey’s Irish Cream. It’s easy to make and is great to give as gifts, too!
What do I need?
- Greek yogurt
you can use either plain or vanilla. I’ve used plain.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
Both to mix into the dessert and to top it with.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Liquor or any Irish Cream Liquor
I used two of the small individual serving bottles.
- Superfine sugar
If you don’t have it or can’t find it, you can easily make it yourself by using your food processor or blender. Directions are in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings and or cocoa powder for garnish
Super simple, hunh?
That’s why this dessert is an awesome recipe to whip up when you have dinner guests or want an easy and fast dessert.
How do I make a mousse?
- Put the Greek yogurt, superfine sugar and Bailey’s into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Make the whipped cream by combining the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream to the yogurt mixture until combined.
- Place into serving dishes and refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Top with additional whipped cream and garnish with cocoa powder and / or chocolate shavings.
Can I make this ahead?
Sure can! I would recommend only making it the day before you plan to serve it if you need to make it in advance. Store it in a tightly sealed container and then right before serving, add a dollop of whipped cream and the chocolate shavings.
Is this recipe kid-friendly?
No. I would discourage you from serving it to children because of the alcohol content.
If you’re looking for some kid-friendly St. Patrick’s Day recipes to serve, then I urge you to take a look at the Lucky Charms Bark Recipe, the St. Patrick’s Day Marshmallows, and the collection of 25 + St. Patrick’s Day Desserts.
Easy Dessert Recipes
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies
- Easy No Bake Oreo Pie
- Cinnamon Rice Krispies Treats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars – No Bake
- Butterfinger Rice Krispies Treats
- No Bake Cherry Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cream Cheese Cookies
Bailey’s Mousse light and easy dessert where Irish cream liquor takes center stage. This recipe is perfect when you want a recipe that will impress friends and family but won’t take a lot of time to make.
Bailey’s Mousse – The Secret Recipe Club
- Food processor or blender if you don't have suoerfine sugar
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt can use vanilla if you prefer
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream plus additional for topping
- 3 oz Bailey's Irish Cream Liquor 6 tablespoons (I used two of the single serving bottles they sell at the liquor stores)
- ¼ cup superfine sugar directions for making it yourself are below
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- chocolate shavings or cocoa powder for garnish
- If you cannot find superfine sugar, use ¼ cup granulated sugar and pour it into your food processor or blender. Grind it for a few minutes until it becomes fine. Let it sit for a minute or two to allow the dust to settle before removing the lid.
- Put the yogurt, sugar, and Bailey's into a medium bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the whipping cream, tablespoon of powdered sugar, and vanilla into a mixing bowl. Whip until soft peaks are formed.
- Fold the whipped cream into the Bailey's mixture. Divide evenly between four serving dishes, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Before serving, top with additional whipped cream. Use a zester or vegetable peeler on a chocolate bar to sprinkle with chocolate shavings or dust with some cocoa powder.
This post was originally published as part of my Secret Recipe Club series and is from Manu’s Menu.
This recipe was originally published on 4/22/13, and has been updated in format and with pictures on 5/12/22.
When I was using the rolling pin rating for my recipes early on, this recipe earned a 3 rolling pin rating.