Chocolate Coconut Cookies – flour-less cookies made with sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened chocolate, shredded coconut, pecans, and vanilla. Chewy, chocolatey and delicious, but not too sweet.
Here is Day 4 of our 12 Days of Cookies!
This is a previous post, but these cookies have been such a hit here on 365 Days of Baking and More than I thought now might just be the perfect time to re-share them. All of the text written below is from the original post dated 2/8/14.
SAVE THESE COCONUT COOKIES TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Here you go, just a recipe tonight. No small talk.
Take a look at these great coconut cookie recipes from my fellow bloggers…
German Chocolate Cake Cookies from A Dash of Sanity
Almond Joy Cookies from Mom on Timeout
Chocolate Kissed Coconut Macaroons from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen
Coconut Cream Pie Cookie Cups from The Novice Chef
Coconut Snowball Cookies from Foodiecrush
Sometimes it’s just better that way and besides, my son is waiting for the computer. I’m still waiting for my personal new MacBook to show up in my lap. haha
This is from one of my favorite cookbooks, the Fannie Farmer Cookbook, Thirteenth Edition.
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped into smaller pieces
- 2 cups shredded coconut I used sweetened
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl place over a small saucepan of simmering water, combine the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate. Stir constantly over heat until chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Do not over bake, chocolate may burn and burnt chocolate tastes anything but yummy!
I rate everything I make on a scale of 1-4 and these Chocolate Coconut Cookies earned 3 1/2 rolling pins. I loved the chewiness, the chocolate, the coconut, and the overall flavor. They were quite tasty, but not too sweet, so it was easy to eat more than one…or two…or three.
If you like these Chocolate Coconut Cookies, then you’ll enjoy our…
See you tomorrow with Day 5 of our 12 Days of Cookies!!
Take a look at these videos for some great cookie ideas for Christmas!
*Affiliate Disclosure – This post contains an affiliate link which means that if you click the link it will take you to where you can purchase the cookbook and from your purchase, I will receive an affiliate commission. Please know that I only recommend cookbooks, products and services that I personally use and believe will benefit my readers.
I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines. Thank you so much for your support!