Coconut Macadamia Sugar Cookies – A butter sugar cookie with shredded coconut and macadamia nuts. It’s a shortbread cookie that will remind you of the tropics.
Welcome to our Day 2 of the 12 Days of Cookies.
This cookie was created to remind me of my trip to Kauai back in September where I went on a blogger retreat. While we were there we discovered wonderful places to eat and fun things to do.
I was inspired to make this after I’d had a similar, cookie when we went to Merriman’s for dinner one night.
SAVE THESE SUGAR COOKIES TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Unfortunately, I couldn’t quite duplicate that wonderful treat from Merriman’s, but this is a shortbread/sugar cookie I think my grandfather would have liked.
Take a look at these sugar cookie recipes from some of my fellow bloggers…
Christmas Tree Cookies from Kerry Cooks
Peppermint Sugar Cookies from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting from Averie Cooks
Sprinkled Sugar Cookies from Just Add Sprinkles
Best Tasting Sugar Cookie Icing from The Slow Roasted Italian
Every year at Christmas he requested that my mother make shortbread for him. It was his favorite.
~ FOLLOW ME ~
~ FACEBOOK ~ PINTEREST ~ INSTAGRAM ~ TWITTER ~
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY 365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
Coconut Macadamia Sugar Cookies
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter chilled
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup finely shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- raw sugar for sprinkling
- With your hands, combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl until well mixed.
- In alternating batches, add the flour, coconut and macadamia nuts, incorporating each fully.
- Divide dough in two balls and wrap each in plastic wrap. Flatten each into a disc and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment or a silpat.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll dough to 1/4 to 1/3-in in thickness.
- Using cookie cutters (I used a 3-inch circle), cut shapes of dough and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with some raw sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram and make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more recipes.
If you like these Coconut Macadamia Sugar Cookies then you’ll love…
Stained Glass Cookies
Cream Cheese Cookies
Double Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Coconut Ranger Cookies
Comments & Reviews
I am going to make these cookies right now… i offered Merriman’s my kidney in exchange for a recipe and still waiting!
This recipe was a disaster. IDK, mix butter and sugar with your hand, then add the rest of the ingriedents? How with hands…I used my mixer and wasted my day and ingredients! Seems this recipe was never tested but the picture was great!?
Rola, I’m so sorry you had a problem with the recipe! That is extremely frustrating. Of course, the recipe was tested, but unfortunately, I don’t think any recipe is 100% foolproof and if you used your mixer as opposed to using your hands as was stated in the directions, that may have been the issue.