Coconut Macadamia Sugar Cookies – A butter sugar cookie with shredded coconut and macadamia nuts. It’s a shortbread cookie that will remind you of the tropics.
Welcome to our Day 2 of the 12 Days of Cookies.
I was inspired to make this after I’d had a similar, cookie when we went to Merriman’s for dinner one night.
SAVE THESE SUGAR COOKIES TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Unfortunately, I couldn’t quite duplicate that wonderful treat from Merriman’s, but this is a shortbread/sugar cookie I think my grandfather would have liked.
Take a look at these sugar cookie recipes from some of my fellow bloggers…
Christmas Tree Cookies from Kerry Cooks
Peppermint Sugar Cookies from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting from Averie Cooks
Sprinkled Sugar Cookies from Just Add Sprinkles
Best Tasting Sugar Cookie Icing from The Slow Roasted Italian
Every year at Christmas he requested that my mother make shortbread for him. It was his favorite.
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
Coconut Macadamia Sugar Cookies
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter chilled
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup finely shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- raw sugar for sprinkling
- With your hands, combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl until well mixed.
- In alternating batches, add the flour, coconut and macadamia nuts, incorporating each fully.
- Divide dough in two balls and wrap each in plastic wrap. Flatten each into a disc and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment or a silpat.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll dough to 1/4 to 1/3-in in thickness.
- Using cookie cutters (I used a 3-inch circle), cut shapes of dough and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with some raw sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes.