This delicious Strawberry Banana Bread is a tasty twist on classic Banana Bread. This sweet bread is quick and easy to make, featuring juicy strawberries folded through the batter. You don’t even need a mixer to make this beautiful quick bread!
I’m all about simplicity, so when I find something I can make without having to haul out the mixer, it’s a definite win in my book!
SAVE THIS EASY STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
This easy quick bread recipe only requires two mixing bowls and a wooden spoon. It’s the perfect make-ahead recipe for an easy breakfast!
Besides, who doesn’t love the combination of strawberries and bananas? It’s a simple bread recipe the whole family is bound to enjoy and ask for again.
Strawberry Banana Bread Ingredients
This moist banana bread only uses a handful of simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy recipe:
- 2 cups of self-rising flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries
- Additional sliced strawberries for decorating (optional)
Can I use all-purpose flour instead?
Yes, if you don’t have self-rising flour, you can easily make your own.
In any recipe that calls for self-rising flour, substitute one cup of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon baking soda. Thanks to BHG.com for the substitution.
See printable recipe card below for exact amounts in this recipe.
- Granulated sugar can be substituted with brown sugar or a combination of half white and half brown sugar.
- Milk: I tested this recipe with whole fat milk, but you can use lower-fat varieties or other varieties of milk, such as almond or oat milk. It may alter the texture of the bread slightly, however.
- Oil: Vegetable and canola oils are preferred, but you can use any mild flavored oil like coconut oil. You can also substitute ½ cup melted butter for the vegetable oil if desired. It will be slightly more dense due to the higher fat content.
- Fresh strawberries taste best in this banana bread. However, you can use frozen strawberries, which is helpful when it’s past strawberry season and prices skyrocket! If using frozen berries, do not thaw them before mixing them into the batter.
How to make Strawberry Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard loaf pan (8 ½ x 4 ½ inches) or line it with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Add the self-rising flour and granulated sugar to a large bowl. Whisk until well combined and set it aside.
- Add the mashed bananas, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla to a separate medium bowl. Stir until well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and mix all together until just combined, then fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Press the sliced strawberries into the top of the bread batter if you’d like, then bake for 60 minutes or cooked through (see recipe notes).
- Let the bread cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely before slicing.
- The banana bread is done when it springs back when lightly touched in the center. You can also insert a skewer or toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the strawberry bread is cooked through!
- If the banana bread seems to be browning too quickly before it is cooked, cover it loosely with tin foil, then continue baking as directed.
How to store Banana Strawberry Bread
You can store this by wrapping it in aluminum foil or storing it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Can you freeze Strawberry Banana Bread?
Yes, this bread freezes well! Once the bread has completely cooled, wrap it in plastic wrap, then place it in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. To serve, let the strawberry bread thaw at room temperature before enjoying it!
Are you looking for more Strawberry recipes?
Strawberries are some of my favorite things to use in baking. They are so versatile, and their sweet flavor complements so many baked goods! Try one of these recipes next time:
These Strawberry Cream Muffins are great for breakfast or a delicious snack!
Strawberry Pretzel Pie is tangy, sweet, and crunchy. The flavors and textures together are divine!
You have to make these no bake Strawberry Cheesecake Dream Bars. There’s just something about strawberries and cheesecake together, and they’re perfectly refreshing during strawberry season, too!
Strawberry Galette is a beautiful and elegant dessert featuring your favorite berry!
How about pairing strawberries and chocolate in these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Dream Bars? Amazing!
Favorite Quick Breads
Quick breads are great to make because they usually only need a handful of ingredients, a few dishes, and an hour or so of your time. Here are some of my favorite quick bread recipes:
- Pineapple Bread– a tropical treat perfect for breakfast. This is a very popular recipe among my readers!
- Chai Banana Bread– pair it with a cup of tea for a double tea treat!
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread– you can’t go wrong with chocolate and bananas!
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread– pumpkin is the best flavor (in my opinion)! This recipe is a fall favorite, but you can make it any time of year!
Which one will you try next?
~ FOLLOW ME ~
~ FACEBOOK ~ PINTEREST ~
~ INSTAGRAM ~ TWITTER ~
~ YOUTUBE ~
Keep an eye out for more of my easy recipes each week!
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- sliced strawberries optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard loaf pan or line the tin with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Add the self-rising flour and granulated sugar to a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined and set it aside.
- Add the mashed bananas, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla to another medium mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Then pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Fold the chopped strawberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top with sliced strawberries if desired. Bake for 60 minutes or until cooked through (see notes).
- Set aside to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring the bread to a cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and serve!
- If you do not have self-rising flour, substitute one cup of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon baking soda for each cup of self-rising flour required.
So, for this recipe, you will need 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon baking soda. Mix them altogether with the granulated sugar in step 2.
- The banana bread is cooked through when it springs back when lightly touched in the center. Or you can use a skewer or toothpick to check the bread. Insert it into the center of the bread; if it comes out clean, the bread is ready!
- If the strawberry banana bread seems to be browning too quickly before it is cooked through, cover the top of the bread loosely with aluminum foil, then continue to bake as directed.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or wrap and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Let it thaw to room temperature before serving.