Quinoa, Black Bean and Turkey Stuffed Peppers – colorful bell peppers stuffed with quinoa, black beans and turkey that will satisfy any hungry appetite. This healthy and delicious meal is sure to please the whole family.
Yuppers. It’s the third Monday of the month which can only mean…(drumroll, please, maestro!)
SAVE THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Take a look at these Stuffed Pepper recipes from my fellow bloggers…
Taco Stuffed Peppers from Cinnamon, Spice and Everything Nice
Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers from Cooking Classy
Stuffed Green Peppers from 365 Days of Baking and More
Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers from Simply Anchored
Slow Cooker Pizza Stuffed Peppers from A Spicy Perspective
Many times it can be extremely difficult to pick a recipe because there are SO very many and all of them sound and look delicious, as was the case with this month’s assignment.
- 4 bell peppers can be colors of your choice
- 1 14- ounce can diced tomatoes drained with juice reserved
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 LB. ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Core, seed and cut the peppers in half, lengthwise.
- Pour juice from the drained tomatoes into the bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Put the 1 cup of water into a small saucepan. Boil water over medium-high heat and add quinoa.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until water is absorbed, quinoa becomes translucent and separates.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion and saute until translucent.
- Add turkey and cook until done.
- Mix in Old Bay Seasoning and pepper.
- Place spinach in skillet and sautee until just wilted.
- Add the diced tomatoes and beans and stir until heated through.
- Add the quinoa and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fill the peppers with stuffing and place into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and return to the oven to bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
The next time I make it I’ll add the full 20 oz of turkey and halve the quinoa. There was so much quinoa that we couldn’t really tell I had even put the turkey in.